System #526 (Ethos)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macallan

Reaction score
Matt
Charlotte, NC USA
ML Ethos (2016)

TIDAL
Sonos
Channel Island VDA-2 DAC
Juicy Music Peach II (tubed preamp)
B&K 200.2 amplifier
ML Ethos
Klipsch RSW-15 subwoofer

Ethos-Peach.jpgEthos.jpgEthos3.jpgEthos-Peach.jpgEthos.jpg

Last edited:
Updated. Replaced RSW-15 with SVS SB 3000 and added Bluesound Node 2i and also switched from Tidal to Apple Music since they added lossless.

Attachments

• 8E4D86A6-EE4D-4622-BCCA-702621369EA1.jpeg
    8E4D86A6-EE4D-4622-BCCA-702621369EA1.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 17
  • 9DF6960E-FC0A-4335-BDE6-026893CAB1CE.jpeg
    9DF6960E-FC0A-4335-BDE6-026893CAB1CE.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 19
Thank you. It’s shiplap, can be found at Lowes. We had a general contractor install it.

System update: Bluesound Node 2i, Apple TV 4K and Peachtree Carina GaN. Very simple set up now. I like the Peachtree much better than my previous tube pre + class AB amp. It has a "Dacless" design and features new GaN FETs instead of traditional Mosfets. No idea where the upgrade is coming from as I essentially changed the DAC, preamp and Amp all at once. The control and transparency is noticeably better. My Ethos are much more dynamic than I had previously assumed and they can handle much more complicated passages with ease.

System update: Bluesound Node 2i, Apple TV 4K and Peachtree Carina GaN. Very simple set up now. I like the Peachtree much better than my previous tube pre + class AB amp. It has a "Dacless" design and features new GaN FETs instead of traditional Mosfets. No idea where the upgrade is coming from as I essentially changed the DAC, preamp and Amp all at once. The control and transparency is noticeably better. My Ethos are much more dynamic than I had previously assumed and they can handle much more complicated passages with ease.
I really like the Apple tv 4k. When it first came out it was horrible for Dolby Atmos. I have a very long thread about it on here. Their engineers thankfully must have figured out the issue and fixed it. The atmos is flawless now. I spent many hours on the phone with Apple, as did others. They listened and used our feedback to help them.

The remote is programmable to control the Peachtree which is nice. Very minimalistic approach

@macallan Nice set up. Almost a zen feeling in that photo.

Latest posts

Back