Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headphones ..........

Quote Originally Posted by twich54 View Post
    actually Bernard one of my plans is to run an extension cable to my loading bench (ammunition) so when I'm loading up a few hundred rounds of shot shells I can listen.
    Gun powder and audio. How much better can it get? OK maybe a scotch on the bench also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    Household noises can indeed be disturbing, but you should just forget you are an audiophile and simply relax and enjoy the music instead of listening intently for every last sound on the recording; otherwise, extraneous noises will drive you nuts.

Of course, you should put on your audiophile hat and listen intently if you are doing something like comparing USB or power cables.
    Extraneous noises drive me nuts alright! It's not about being and audiophile and not just "enjoying the music" - for me, music is something that requires 100% attention - whether you are listening for details or not. If I can't give it 100% attention then I'd rather just turn it off. Otherwise, it just becomes yet another one of those extraneous noises fighting with everything else.
    Marantz 8300 SACD / Squeezebox Touch --> Audiolab M-DAC --> Copland CTA-305 --> Classé CA-101 --> MartinLogan Vista / Behringer DEQ2496 --> Whise Profunder sub

Click here to see my system

Pops

I have the Bowers P7, it is well regarded in the headfi community. It is closed back which is what I needed.

I had the Sennheiser HD650 in the past, that's definitely a well balanced (maybe a Rockport speaker type curve actually) headphone.

I don't have much experience in owning (but have demo'd) stat headphones, but I don't get the inherent advantage of such since the headphone drivers are typically single diaphragm designs without a crossover anyway.
    Joey "kid with grey hair" V
    System 1: Emm Labs TSDX Transport -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> Cary SLP-05 Pre -> Boulder 2060 Stereo Amp -> B&W 802D3, AQ WEL Power Cords, AQ WEL Speaker Wire, AQ Wind (reterminating to XLR)
    System 2: Rotel RA1592 Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    System 3: Rotel RC1570 Preamp -> Rotel RB1582 Stereo Amp -> B&W CM10s2 (ESL11a replacement??)

Hey Joey, hope all is well with you and the family.

I purchased the 650's along with the Oppo UDP205 (a very nice piece) and so far I'm quite content. Perhaps down the road 'if' I get more involved with 'cans' I might try out a 'Woo' ..........
    Dave

System #79 - Analog is Alive and Well, if in doubt, click the link below !

Click Here to see my System

I must be crazy, because I know they're popular, but I've never liked Sennheiser headpohones - even the HD800 sounds coloured, nasal and congested. Gimme the purity of Stax any day.
    Marantz 8300 SACD / Squeezebox Touch --> Audiolab M-DAC --> Copland CTA-305 --> Classé CA-101 --> MartinLogan Vista / Behringer DEQ2496 --> Whise Profunder sub

Click here to see my system

Adam, my working knowledge of headphones is back in the dark ages so they sound good to me ! Who knows where I'll go with this adventure, probably not to far !
    Dave

System #79 - Analog is Alive and Well, if in doubt, click the link below !

Click Here to see my System