Summit X's powered by Conrad Johnson Classic 60??????????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adeep42

Reaction score
I am currently running my Summit X's with CJ solid state gear with 185 WPC. Any thoughts on switching to 60 WPC CJ Classic 60 SE. I know there are some Prima Luna owners out there. Haven't noticed any CJ owners but would be interested in any thoughts from any brand tubers.

Thanks,

Alan

I'm running my Summits with a CJ Premier 140 and it sounds fantastic. Can't speak for the 60 SE, but I expect it will sound great. The only question is whether it will be enough power when the music is complex and the volume is up. Only way to know is to try it out.

Hola. I am with Rich. The best way is to try it out. But you are safe. Your Summits X are very efficient. If you read their specs, ML advice to start with only 20 Watts and up. For +3dB of increase of level, you have to double the power.

Happy listening!

I am currently running my Summit X's with CJ solid state gear with 185 WPC. Any thoughts on switching to 60 WPC CJ Classic 60 SE. I know there are some Prima Luna owners out there. Haven't noticed any CJ owners but would be interested in any thoughts from any brand tubers.

Thanks,

Alan

Alan,

What don't you like about your current set-up and what are your expectations if you swap from an ss amp to tubes?

Gordon

Big time Rogue fan here. Currently have the M180's in the mix and I must say they performed flawlessly against my Spire's.

Gordon, I love my system as it is, but I am a tube lover. My other system is all tubes.

Dave, Thanks for your input. Once had a Rogue Cronus. It was a really great integrated for the money.

Alan

Back