North Korea

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clearly shows timm that there is someone more out of control than the 'Don'.

As for the 'Chia Pet' of a dictator in North Korea, do really think even he is stupid enough to engage us ?

Clearly shows timm that there is someone more out of control than the 'Don'.

As for the 'Chia Pet' of a dictator in North Korea, do really think even he is stupid enough to engage us ?

Of course I do. He is engaging us now by practicing his ICBMs. I was too young for the Cuban missile crisis but this reminds me of it. Not interested in whack jobs with nukes and the capability to hit any US soil. So what do you do - let the practice continue? Your other option is possibly WWIII. And being a few stupid steps away from that worries me. We knock down a test missile or bomb a site and they unload on S Korea. We react with more retaliation. Now what does China do? Not a good situation.

Edit: and I do not mean to imply this is a US only problem. Imagine living in Japan or another western nation in the area. I can't imagine anyone in the region wanting them to have this capability.

Last edited:
I can't predict how this will turn out, but I am pretty sure of one thing. China is not stupid enough to let Kim drag them into a war with one of their biggest trading partners. They don't care about him at all. Their only concern is keeping themselves from having to deal with a huge refugee crisis should the North Korean government disintegrate.

I can't predict how this will turn out, but I am pretty sure of one thing. China is not stupid enough to let Kim drag them into a war with one of their biggest trading partners. They don't care about him at all. Their only concern is keeping themselves from having to deal with a huge refugee crisis should the North Korean government disintegrate.

I am hoping the same. Although hey - more free slave labor.

I agree with both of you. My reference to 'engage' was meant as a preemptive / first strike on our mainland.

Back