Bose is not that bad !!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repman

Reaction score
Ok yes it is ,but the cabinet it comes in is awesome !!!

Love my new ZL1

Attachments

• IMG_4014.jpg
    IMG_4014.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3997.jpg
    IMG_3997.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3995.jpg
    IMG_3995.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4016.jpg
    IMG_4016.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4017.jpg
    IMG_4017.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Big Congrats Larry ! My son just took delivery of a new SS 1LE and I must say, the alpha platform is sweet ! Now with that being said I'm a little surprised you moved away from Corvette, or do you have both ?

Big Congrats Larry ! My son just took delivery of a new SS 1LE and I must say, the alpha platform is sweet ! Now with that being said I'm a little surprised you moved away from Corvette, or do you have both ?

Dave thanks , sold my Vette to a friend and thought i would get a new Zo6 but the C7 is just to snug for me and I did not feel that comfortable in it . Also with the seat as low as it would go my helmet was tight on the roof.

The Camaro just fit me much better and the LT4 has the same 650/650 as the vette. the new Alpha platform as you stated is a huge upgrade over the gen 5 cars. got 800 more break in miles then gonna let her have it at Road Atlanta.

Here is the 1LE version at the ring , the regular ( like mine did it in 7:29 ) quick by any standards .

https://youtu.be/t4zSIVpVMaw

Last edited:
Of course Bose is not that bad. Is it hi-fi?

No, of course it isn't. But never has anyone (including Bose) purported a $2000 pair of Bose speakers will come anywhere close to competing with a pair of $50,000 CLX.

To even suggest so is absurd.

Bose do what they do very well - they produce high quality "mainstream" products for the masses - and those mainstream products produced by Bose produce a much more listenable result than the plethora of other mainstream brands such as Sony/Pioneer/LG/etc.

For a car - Bose will produce a better sounding system than the mainstream rubbish. Is there better out there? Of course, but dare I say that Bose might be as good as anyone needs to go when you are up against the challenges of trying to get anywhere near hifi sound quality in a small metal and glass box while fighting against a huge amount of engine / road / mechanical noise.

A car is basically everything that hi-fi isn't. Can you imagine any of us designing a listening room like a car?

?.... Bose might be as good as anyone needs to go when you are up against the challenges of trying to get anywhere near hifi sound quality in a small metal and glass box while fighting against a huge amount of engine / road / mechanical noise.

A car is basically everything that hi-fi isn't. Can you imagine any of us designing a listening room like a car?

Perhaps not, but with some SotA high-powered DSP one can get a close approximation of real rooms. Couldn't find it in the links, but IIRC Dirac took thousands of sound measurements in the Volvo in order to optimize the sound field with Unison.

http://www.dirac.com/news/2016/5/2/...rac-unison-entered-audio-competition-for-cars

More on Dirac Unison: http://www.dirac.com/unison/

Though the S90 is a very poor substitute for that BADASS ZL1.

you guys crack me up about stereo in our vehicles .........see those silver things between the front and back wheels on my '67. There is no stereo on the planet that can make the sweet noise they produce !!

IMG_0665.jpg

you guys crack me up about stereo in our vehicles .........see those silver things between the front and back wheels on my '67. There is no stereo on the planet that can make the sweet noise they produce !!

View attachment 19352

Aint that the truth , that is some sweet music a big block screaming thru side pipes . Nice Dave

Bose headphones and car audio is decent.. their home stuff is overpriced sh1t, IMHO.

Love that camaro.. would be even better as a droptop... Dave, your vette is amazing.. Grrr.., love the 63-67 corvettes.. so beautiful.

Yes Tom the car looks fantastic as a ragtop, I like to track them so the hardtop is more rigid and does not require a roll bar that i would have to install on the droptop

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 92
I briefly looked at the droptop camaro when I was shopping to replace my M3... didn't care for the fit and finish inside the car, so I went another route... Chevy got it right with the Camaro, though.... great styling.

Perhaps not, but with some SotA high-powered DSP one can get a close approximation of real rooms. Couldn't find it in the links, but IIRC Dirac took thousands of sound measurements in the Volvo in order to optimize the sound field with Unison.

http://www.dirac.com/news/2016/5/2/...rac-unison-entered-audio-competition-for-cars

More on Dirac Unison: http://www.dirac.com/unison/

Though the S90 is a very poor substitute for that BADASS ZL1.

How does it deal with all the road and tyre noise? How does it deal with the unstable power supply? How does it deal with the vibration?

Let's face it - car audio has absolutely no hope!

.........see those silver things between the front and back wheels on my '67. There is no stereo on the planet that can make the sweet noise they produce !!

Oh dear, Dave - you're not trying to start another live versus recorded debate, are you?

Bose headphones and car audio is decent.

My experience with their headphones has been that they are absolutely sh1t. At least the Bose home audio has some sort of niche. Headphones are headphones - why would you buy Bose 'phones over a better brand?

I compared their noise canceling over-the-ear headphones to several other brands.... I was pleasantly surprised how nice the Bose were. Ultimately, I went with Sony, but the Bose were a consideration.

I have "Fender Premium" in my Golf GTI (which is an awesome car by the way). I'm not quite sure who makes it, but it sounds pretty damn good.

Bose headphones are great. I have QC20s and I wouldn't think of carrying anything else in my travel bag. It's a great match to my ThinkPad P50.

View attachment 19352

HAWT!!

But doesn't the silver create highs that are a bit bright vs the copper? :)

I compared their noise canceling over-the-ear headphones to several other brands.... I was pleasantly surprised how nice the Bose were. Ultimately, I went with Sony, but the Bose were a consideration.

Agreed - I forgot about that side of things. I've heard (not experienced though) that their noise cancelling systems are very good indeed.

^^^ ROFL. OMG, this wins the internet today.

Haha. Well thank you Tom. How is the retired life? I am sitting on my deck drinking red vino listening to some great tunes and looking at my pines. However will be back at breaking rocks on July 5!! :)

Latest posts

Back