Thread: New ML Center Channels

Default New ML Center Channels

Forgive me if this has been posted already but I have not seen any feedback of users that purchased any of the new ML center channels. I have the new Focus for about 6 weeks now and really like it compared to the Stage X that I had originally. I mention some of the highlights in my system #504 update. More lifelike, much more bass which is nice and to my ear more horizonal dispersion. Anyone get the big boy Illusion?

Music Rm #503: CLX Art DC/ 2-212's / Bricasti M1 SE & M28's / Aurender N10 / Nordost O2 Pwr & IC's/ V2 Pwr, Odin SC, QX4, QV2, QK1, QB8, Sort Fut, Lift & TC Kones, QKore 6, Earth Ground, Acoustical Panels Media Rm #504: Summit X's /Descent i's / Vanquish / Focus / Parasound A23 & 31 / 65" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM60 / Nordost T2/F2/H2 Pwr & IC, H2 HDMI & Net, QK1, QV2, QB8 & QX2 / Entreq Silver Minimus

Has no one purchased a new center channel really? Have any of you heard the new one - comments? I would thought I would of had some comments my now.
    Music Rm #503: CLX Art DC/ 2-212's / Bricasti M1 SE & M28's / Aurender N10 / Nordost O2 Pwr & IC's/ V2 Pwr, Odin SC, QX4, QV2, QK1, QB8, Sort Fut, Lift & TC Kones, QKore 6, Earth Ground, Acoustical Panels Media Rm #504: Summit X's /Descent i's / Vanquish / Focus / Parasound A23 & 31 / 65" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM60 / Nordost T2/F2/H2 Pwr & IC, H2 HDMI & Net, QK1, QV2, QB8 & QX2 / Entreq Silver Minimus

Super User

I just fired up my new Focus ESL C18 which replaced my 20 year old Logos in the surround system. Clearly a step up at 1st blush. Impressions to follow.
    Wherever you go, there you are... Buckaroo Banzai
    System 186 HERE

Quote Originally Posted by GW1800 View Post
    Forgive me if this has been posted already but I have not seen any feedback of users that purchased any of the new ML center channels. I have the new Focus for about 6 weeks now and really like it compared to the Stage X that I had originally. I mention some of the highlights in my system #504 update. More lifelike, much more bass which is nice and to my ear more horizonal dispersion. Anyone get the big boy Illusion?
    To save you a bit of time I am directing you to the URL for my review of the Illusion ESL 34A. Spoiler Alert: it is simply that best center channel that I have heard and is a perfect match for the larger ML Panels.

https://www.theaterbyte.com/category...akers-hardware

So here is something that I found out about that can improve your center channel sound including some lower end ML speakers. There is a product called the SBooster https://www.sbooster.com/ which is a linear power supply that replaces the rather small and wimpy looking 12V power to center channels all but the Illusion as it has a real power cord. You can see in the picture what it looks like and what you get for a $3,500 center channel not too impressive. On their website they even list some ML products that they have experience with. I contacted them if one was ever tried on a center channel and they were not aware of anybody trying it. I noticed that the Stage X and my new Focus use the same wimpy wall wort and wondered what if I feed it some better power. This has bothered me with the Stage X for quite sometime but just never really found a good solution. Well the answer is it does improve the sound for like $350. It seemed crisper, more real and it could be a tad louder also. Either way doing a test back and forth you sure could tell. It also accepts a standard power cord so to replace it with most anything I think it could be even better. I'm going to give it a try over the weekend and see. Hopefully this does not degrade into how power has no effect on sound this is slightly different as its a whole different type of power supply feeding the speaker. There is a little bit of a down size as the box that the linear power supply comes is has some size to it so you need some room for it but it is mid cord. Also I was concerned that it might heat up but it does not.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by GW1800; 08-11-2017 at 08:11 AM.