A sad story...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I recently decided to pull the trigger on speakers I have been dreaming of. So I went into the dealer that I brought my son to about 3 years ago and this guy treated my son great for probably what amounted to 100 bucks. So I decided to go back and reward him with a big sale.

So we sit down and I tell him I want to buy... how much? He just keeps putting on records. Finally 3 hrs later he comes up with a price but I want cherry and there is an upcharge. He isn't sure of it so I say .. ok call me tomorrow. I get no call. I send two emails and leave a message on his phone. No call. Finally at 5pm (store closes at 6) I call him and he answers. 'I forgot to call the company'. Calls me back immediately and says 'Pat do you want to see if the have light cherry'? I say sure (my name isn't pat). but call me back tomorrow so we can wrap this up. He agrees and says he will call early afternoon. No call.

I really think he is suffering from dimentia. It really bums me out. I feel like I can't push the sale thru him because I don't know if he will follow up and actually make the order. This is a five figure purchase. But I have been ruminating about this purchase for 4 years and now can't get anyone to take my money. I do have another shop I can go thru bi actually demo'd the speakers there. Then there is his general health. His shop is over 50 mikes away. But it sucks when a quick dose of reality kicks you. I have yet to call the other store in hopes that he might call me. But I am fooling myself. I am guessing he doesn't even remember I was there

Follow your gut my friend.

My take. Onto Plan B. Don't look back.

What speaker?

Gordon

Well the deed is done. Maggie 20.7s on order and will be delivered in a month. :)

Back