Montis or ESL9?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willem S.

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a happy Ethos user for some time now, the narrow sweet spot being the only minor "disadvantage". As it goes I was considering an upgrade but can't spend lots of money. My dealer had a pair of second hands Montis for sale but unfortunately someone else already bought them. Since the panels are broader the sweet spot might be less critical I understood. But well, the Montis have been sold to someone else. According to the dealer however a set of new Classic ESL 9 might be a very good alternative for the Montis. Since the specs of Ethos and ESL9 don't differ much (the ESL9 even being cheaper), would this be a better upgrade than a set of second hand Montis? Thanks for you advice.

Since the specs of Ethos and ESL9 don't differ much (the ESL9 even being cheaper), would this be a better upgrade than a set of second hand Montis? Thanks for you advice.

In this sentence you've answered your own question ............ Montis, without blinking an eye !

Back