Martin Logan Outdoor Living Series

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLasher22443

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard this series from Martin Logan?

I'm looking for outdoor speakers for the backyard and patio and I'm interested in the Martin Logan's but haven't seen or heard them. I've looked at Polk, Bose, and Definitive Technology already but if the Martin Logan's can provide that wonderful bliss I so love in an outside application I'm sold.

Any response is welcome. Thanks in advance!

So nothing? Does anyone have another recommendation or have outdoor speakers they have and would recommend?

So My thought is with Heos on the new Marantz AV7703 I'm going to get a Pair of the Polk Audio Atrium 8 SDI's with a Denon HEOS Amp. That way inside and out can play in sync while being controlled with the Heos App. The main reasoning behind this is because the current cabling outside goes to my Network Rack and not my Home Theater. So instead of running new wires under the house I'll just connect them to the Heos Amp.

So nothing? Does anyone have another recommendation or have outdoor speakers they have and would recommend?

So My thought is with Heos on the new Marantz AV7703 I'm going to get a Pair of the Polk Audio Atrium 8 SDI's with a Denon HEOS Amp. That way inside and out can play in sync while being controlled with the Heos App. The main reasoning behind this is because the current cabling outside goes to my Network Rack and not my Home Theater. So instead of running new wires under the house I'll just connect them to the Heos Amp.

I'm not sure of the brand but at Axpona there has been an outside speaker company there every year. Each year I stop in to see what is new and they have made a lot of great changes this past year. Most are some type of flower planter with a speaker so if you are just looking to place speakers this may not be for you. But the sound was fantastic. You probably can find them on the Axpona web site not sure if its up yet or maybe someone you know that was there has the booklet yet.

Again not sure of your setup. However most people with a cement patio or wood deck mount the speakers on the house side normally high like for instance for a single story its typical to mount them just under the overhang of the house. I would have you at least consider the alternative. I have a cement patio with like 3' high 2' square block columns attached in between with a block see through railing on the far side of the patio. I put a speaker in two of the columns but facing the sitting area. This has two great benefits. 1. the sound is at a normal level to the listener then shooting over your head. 2. You do not need it so loud as you would with the sound blasting overheard away from you. The side benefit of this is my neighbor's lot (which is 15' from the back side of the columns that the speakers are in) can have the volume turned up quite loud and very little can be heard if I stand on his lot line. The other thing I would recommend a is sub. The one I have they don't make anymore it looks like a rock but came with a separate amp. I found this to really round out the sound and in my mind essential. Without it the sound was thin which was disappointing since they were good quality speakers. Like I said mine is above ground sub and I like it very much. My son put in a below ground sub that sounded fine but eventually and not long water got into it and ruined it. His looked like it was sealed really good we even added some more and it still failed. I would also consider a Sonos or Sonos type amp they don't cost much, you can play local or stream content in the same playlist and can control the whole thing with your cell phone. Its great!!

Last edited:
I have Helos 20 speakers in the ceiling on two screened porches. They work great and have wide dispersion of sound.

I checked with ML prior to the purchase and was it would be fine. It has been 4+years and no issues. Well other than my forgetting how to turn on remote rooms from my AV Processor.

If you're interested in series outdoor speakers go with JBL Control 30 Professional speakers wired by 10:/2 mounted 12 ft up on large covered lanai. 19' ceiling . I did and we host major parties and I can enjoy music on golf course behind my house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the responses. Ended up going with the 2 Polk Audio Atrium 8 SDI's with a Denon HEOS Amp. Love the sound and ease of use on the hens App. I'll post a video soon. Backyard still has a lot of work left after the renters living here for awhile. Had the volume level at 50% and went to my back yard privacy fence and it was very clear and almost to loud. So for now this works great.

Next is possibly an outdoor subwoofer to come off of the Heos Amp.

Was thinking maybe the Polk Audio AM3386-A Atrium Sub10 Speaker. Anyone heard or used this on a deck?

Has anyone used or heard the Sonance Subwoofer Line? Just curious if they are worth the price? To be honest I'd rather get the Martin Logan Dynamo Outdoor Sub 100 or 120 for the price of the Sonance.

Back