Question about Sub Connection

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLasher22443

Reaction score
So I purchased the BlueSound Node 2 and it only produces 2.0 to my Marantz. So when listening to music I do not get 2.1 from the AV7703. On the rear of the Node it has a Sub Out connection. If I plug the Sub's RCA in it obviously works and the Music sounds much better. But this brings up my question.

Is it possible to have 2 connections going into the SVS Sub from separate devices? One would be an XLR from my Marantz AV7703 for Surround Sound. The Second would be an RCA to the Sub from the BlueSound Node?

Or is there a way to force the Marantz to take the 2.0 Input and force it to 2.1 and passing the low end only to the Sub?

Thanks in Advance!

How is the Node 2 connected to the Marantz?

Ideally it would be via COAX RCA into the Marantz. That will transmit pure digital at max data rates.

The AV7703 should be set to do bass management, so if you have a sub, by definition that input would pass the low frequencies (at the sub crossover point set in the AVP) to the sub and the rest to mains.

In this config, your Bluesound is just a 2ch source. It's up to the preamp to do bass management.

If you select 'Direct' or such, then bass management is bypassed. Just pick normal stereo, and it should perform the 2.1 thing for you.

How is the Node 2 connected to the Marantz?

Ideally it would be via COAX RCA into the Marantz. That will transmit pure digital at max data rates.

The AV7703 should be set to do bass management, so if you have a sub, by definition that input would pass the low frequencies (at the sub crossover point set in the AVP) to the sub and the rest to mains.

In this config, your Bluesound is just a 2ch source. It's up to the preamp to do bass management.

If you select 'Direct' or such, then bass management is bypassed. Just pick normal stereo, and it should perform the 2.1 thing for you.

Thanks JonFo. The Node is connected Via Optical Cable; so I'll change that today. I'll go through the settings and see what I can change to make the AV7703 work.

Ok so I fixed the Sub issue. In the Marantz settings I had manually configured the 2ch Playback. In those settings I put Large fronts and Yes for Subwoofer. However the Av7703 would not send LFE to the Sub. So I switched it to Auto instead of Manual and Wall I have LFE.

So I changed it to the single Coax RCA as you recommended and I am now getting PCM from the Node.

Thanks JonFo for the recommendation. Before the Montis were doing all of the work and they sounded great but when I put on a heavy bass type of music the bass drowned out the Mids and Highs. Now the Montis are singing clearly and all bass is coming from the SVS.

Just tested with Federico Aubele "Somewhere Else" (Featuring Melody Gardot); Wow!!!! Thanks Again!

Back