- Carver C1

Processors:
    Behringer DEQ2496 EQ
    Behringer DCX2496 Crossover

Amplifiers:
    - Bob Carver Signature TFM-25's

Speakers:
    - Homebuilt wire stator hybrid electrostats
    - Homebuilt Ripol subs (Peerless SLS 12's)

Interconnects:
    - Dayton Gold

Speaker Cables:
    - Homebuilt cross-connected Belden coaxial

Rack:
    Homebuilt red oak

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:
    I don't actually own any Martin Logan gear (yet) but auditioning a pair of ML Summits started my whole obsession with ESL's. I was immediately hooked by the ML's spooky coherence and clarity. After that, everything else was two Dixie cups and a string.

My first homebuilt ESL's had flat perf metal panels which gave great slam and imaging but beamed like crazy (head-in-a-vise). The next iteration eliminated the head-in-a-vise effect using electrically segmented welding rod stators with switch-selectable wide and narrow dispersion modes. These had a nice balanced sound but were visually just butt ugly. Finally, my newest panels are beautiful and more finely segmented to project a perfectly curved, lobe-free wave front using oak lattice supported wire stators that look and sound like fine musical instruments.

The segmented stators tailor dispersion somewhat like a Quad ESL 63, except where the 63's stators used concentric ring conductors driven by stepped-phase signals to emulate a point-source projecting a spherical wave front, my stators use symmetrically arrayed vertical wire groups driven by stepped-phase/stepped-frequency signals to emulate a line-source projecting a cylindrical wave front.
    For details and build photos see my webpage: Jazzman's Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page

The rest of my gear is mostly vintage Bob Carver and even though I'm a dummy with electronics, I managed to learn enough to recap & refurbish my Carver amps, preamp and CDP. I hauled my rig to the annual Carverfest retreat in NC last year-- the Bobfather loved my speakers and put his signature on my Carver amps.

Cellphone video from Carverfest

8. Image:

Name:  system 1.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  64.3 KB
    Name:  finished.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  73.4 KB At Carverfest 2016Name:  Bob%u00252BCarver%u00252B%u00252526%u00252BMe.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  33.6 KB

Name:  Article Post Pic.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  108.5 KB
    Last edited by Jazzman53; 08-11-2017 at 05:36 PM.