Retirement and moving / one down - one to go

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just returned from Ruidoso, NM and have a house under contract in Alto, which is about 4 miles north of Ruidoso.

Living / listening room at least 50% larger than my current house in Jackson. Will hopefully be able to hear what my system can really do in the larger space.

All that remains is to sell my place.

Retirement 3 to 4 months out if all goes well.

Very exciting. :rocker:

Gordon

This is awesome Gordon. Congrats!

very nice Gordon !

...........so, when you retire and move south, given your close proximity to the border will you be helping to build the 'wall' ? .... :devil:

very nice Gordon !

...........so, when you retire and move south, given your close proximity to the border will you be helping to build the 'wall' ? .... :devil:
BrawHahaha! Love ya Dave!! You too Gordon!! Ya'll had 54feet of snow, wicked! Welcome to the south, where the weather is nice and the girls are pretty!

Hi Gordon.. Welcome to the retirement club!!! Dec 28, 2016 was officially my last day. It's awesome... more time to discover new music and listen to your old favorites!

Update folks. The real estate market in Jackson is insane (for the seller side) of the equation within my sale price category.

I advertised my house last Friday and had a "full price" offer made 48 hours later.

Signing agreement tonight. Looks like 2 for 2 within eleven days.

Tentative retirement date. Mid August.

From the pics I've seen of your home in Jackson, the buyer probably got a great deal! Can't wait to see what your new home in NM is like, welcome to the lower, lower 48 !!

That's great, Gordon. Congrats on a quick sale. Hope the move goes smoothly.

UPDATE

Closed on my house in Jackson yesterday. I'm now a renter for the next two months.

Closing on new house July 7.

Last work day August 9. Leave for New Mexico August 20.

Feels very weird but exciting. Will have a much bigger room for my system.

Gordon

Great news for you Gordon! You deserve it!

Remember that your ears are accustomed to your room...give some time to get the new room sound into your brain! I wish to you a very happy listening!

Gordon congratulations on your retirement and new home !!! I hope the next 50 years are fabulous for you.

You deserve your retirement. Do not forget to not to judge your new room, until you are accustomed to it. The standing waves are totoally different and are the signature for every room...I do know that you know this already, but sometimes the bugs inside us, want all right away.

I want you to know that I am having playing in my system, this next Thursday, the new Conrad Johnson ET-7, replacing the ET-5.

Happy listening my dearest friend!
Roberto

Latest posts

Back