Retirement and moving / one down - one to go

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were removed from the windows when I had them cleaned about one month ago.

Come to think of it, that's when I noticed that my system did not sound as good as it did before. :eek:

Last edited:
I want you to know that I am having playing in my system, this next Thursday, the new Conrad Johnson ET-7, replacing the ET-5.
Happy listening my dearest friend!Roberto

Congratulations my friend. Love to hear your thoughts and comparisons to the ET5 if you can provide. Same MSRP?

Interesting that CJD and ARC both use their own house-branded teflon caps in their high-end products.

ARC claims 600 hours to burn in their caps.

Three days of work left.

Do I have this right? You are retired now and are looking at upgrades??? I love it!! Haha. Definitely time to celebrate. Whenever I leave work on vacation - I always say I'm at 'maximum vacation' That's where you are now Gordo!! Congrats !

Do I have this right? You are retired now and are looking at upgrades??? !

Maybe my friend. We'll see if available and, if so, how much.

Before then, I'll need to hear my stuff in the new room.

Best,

Gordon

Moved into the new house last Wednesday. I'm still speechless regarding the fact that I actually live here now.

All up and running. System sounds boring. Using some generic 14 ga. wire for now. Ordered some new Signal Cable Ultra speaker wire from Frank. Fingers crossed.

You need the new ET-7. It is fabulous. Wide stage and depth. Also, a lot of air between the musical instruments. Very dynamic and right the amount of energy on every musical note. It is a precision instrument. Not boring at all. I am using the new Exasound DAC model E-32. Another big step in my system. You should give it a try.

Your ears must accustomed to your new place...this might be the boring. Seek for what the system is doing well, and concentrate on that.

Regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto.

Steve,

Assume you survived the rain with no damage.

Best,

Gordon

PS: Kinda like be retired. :rocker:

Ken,

Just kidding. Knew it would be good. Well beyond that.

One example. My wake up alarm is elk bugling in the AM. They start about 6AM and stop about 7 or so.

And then there is the lack of any extraneous (human created) noise.

Gordon

Wow, I haven't been here for awhile and you have a whole new life Gordon. I guess it's a good thing I've been spending all my time riding my bike instead of on the interweb, but wow... Congrats!

Back