Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Retirement and moving / one down - one to go

Great news for you Gordon! You deserve it!

Remember that your ears are accustomed to your room...give some time to get the new room sound into your brain! I wish to you a very happy listening!

CLX, Stage X and Motion 4 BF-210, Summits in second system. Conrad Johnson Classic One Twenty SE poweramp, ET-7 Conrad Johnson pre, Exasound E-32 DAC, Shun Mook products, Nordost and DHLabs cables. Anthem AVM-60 audio and video processor. Anthem MCA-325 center and surround power amp. BPT Signature 3.5 Plus Balanced Line Power Conditioner.

Gordon congratulations on your retirement and new home !!! I hope the next 50 years are fabulous for you.
    I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane,
    but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car.
    - Nigel Mansell

Three days of work left.

You deserve your retirement. Do not forget to not to judge your new room, until you are accustomed to it. The standing waves are totoally different and are the signature for every room...I do know that you know this already, but sometimes the bugs inside us, want all right away.

I want you to know that I am having playing in my system, this next Thursday, the new Conrad Johnson ET-7, replacing the ET-5.

Happy listening my dearest friend!
    Roberto
    CLX, Stage X and Motion 4 BF-210, Summits in second system. Conrad Johnson Classic One Twenty SE poweramp, ET-7 Conrad Johnson pre, Exasound E-32 DAC, Shun Mook products, Nordost and DHLabs cables. Anthem AVM-60 audio and video processor. Anthem MCA-325 center and surround power amp. BPT Signature 3.5 Plus Balanced Line Power Conditioner.

Gordon, don't forget to take your magic dots when you move.

They were removed from the windows when I had them cleaned about one month ago.

Come to think of it, that's when I noticed that my system did not sound as good as it did before.
    Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08-07-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto View Post
    I want you to know that I am having playing in my system, this next Thursday, the new Conrad Johnson ET-7, replacing the ET-5.
    Happy listening my dearest friend!Roberto
    Congratulations my friend. Love to hear your thoughts and comparisons to the ET5 if you can provide. Same MSRP?

Yes, and quality parts...here is the brochure for it:enews1707 (1) (1).pdf

http://conradjohnson.com/announcing-...-preamplifier/

Regards,
    Roberto.
    Last edited by roberto; 08-07-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Upgrade from 5 to 7 available?

Interesting that CJD and ARC both use their own house-branded teflon caps in their high-end products.

ARC claims 600 hours to burn in their caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gray View Post
    Upgrade from 5 to 7 available?
    Gordon, I do not know, I will ask Jeff if they do that.

Regards,
    Roberto.

Super User

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gray View Post
    Three days of work left.
    Do I have this right? You are retired now and are looking at upgrades??? I love it!! Haha. Definitely time to celebrate. Whenever I leave work on vacation - I always say I'm at 'maximum vacation' That's where you are now Gordo!! Congrats !

Quote Originally Posted by timm View Post
    Do I have this right? You are retired now and are looking at upgrades??? !
    Maybe my friend. We'll see if available and, if so, how much.

Before then, I'll need to hear my stuff in the new room.

Best,

Gordon

Moved into the new house last Wednesday. I'm still speechless regarding the fact that I actually live here now.

All up and running. System sounds boring. Using some generic 14 ga. wire for now. Ordered some new Signal Cable Ultra speaker wire from Frank. Fingers crossed.

You need the new ET-7. It is fabulous. Wide stage and depth. Also, a lot of air between the musical instruments. Very dynamic and right the amount of energy on every musical note. It is a precision instrument. Not boring at all. I am using the new Exasound DAC model E-32. Another big step in my system. You should give it a try.

Your ears must accustomed to your new place...this might be the boring. Seek for what the system is doing well, and concentrate on that.

Regards from Costa Rica,
    Roberto.