Advice Wanted on Possible Upgrade to Dynamo 700W

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adcustom

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post here. Just upgraded my Motion 20s to 40s and my center 8 to a 30. Really pleased so far. Full setup at bottom. Now I'm considering upgrading to the Dynamo 700W, but I have a relatively small-ish family room (~16x10') and I'm wondering if that would be overkill. Right now my Dynamo 300 is placed in the front left corner and performs (to my ears anyway) fairly well. What do you guys think? I have no doubt the 700 WILL perform better, but I do wonder if it's worth it enough to justify the price. FWIW, I use my system 80% for games and movies, 20% for music. Would appreciate the advice!

LG OLED55B6P • Onkyo TX-NR747 • MartinLogan Motion 40 Towers, Motion 30 Center, Motion 4 Surrounds • Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, NVIDIA Shield

Congrats on the upgrade. I believe you should save up for now and not upgrade to the 700. Yes, you will hear a lower grunt and more undistorted decibels. However, the quality of the bass will remain roughly the same.

Back