Room Size Big Enough for Prodigy's ???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOON

Reaction score
I currently have Odyssey's in my dedicated 12x20 foot room. I have 16 x 78 inch tube traps in all corners. Would the Prodigy's work in my room ? The speakers are on the short wall and would have to stay on the short wall. Currently the odyssey's sound awesome. Thoughts on moving to prodigy's from odyssey's and the room size.

I also have 2 depth I subs in the room also.

Last edited:
Moon,

If you are happy, I'd pass. You have to be able to articulate why you are "upgrading" and what your expectations are.

The Prods take a big room to sing because they are, er, a big speaker with lots of bass output. And they will likely need more power.

If you do switch, I doubt you will need the subs.

Gordon

Hi Gorden,,

I am very happy with the Odyssey's, just thought the larger stator panel might be better sound wise. I am kind of thinking my room is too small to accomadations the Prodigy's.

Hi Gorden,,

I am very happy with the Odyssey's, just thought the larger stator panel might be better sound wise. I am kind of thinking my room is too small to accomadations the Prodigy's.

Have you ever A/B'd the two? I did a long time ago and really didn't find them to be all that different. But that is my opinion.

Back