System #522 (Quest)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete K

Reaction score
Pete K
Glenview, IL
Quest
Purchased used 4/17
No Mods
Musical Fidelity A5
Sumiko S5 Sub
ARCAM-irDAC
Rega Planar 3 w/Elys 3 cartridge
Up-Grade from Dahlquest DQ-10's
Powered by Yamaha components from the '80's
DSP,(2)Yamaha amps for Canon surrounds/sub, Denon integrated amp & CD changer
OMG Fun Fun Fun
Tuning the room in.

Attachments

• Pete's system.jpg
    Pete's system.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Hey Pete, welcome !

Thanks
My wife shows little interest in listening to the system.
She says: "I like going to SPACE to listen to music."
I think I've spoiled her. We did catch Julian @ a Larry Coryell Tribute there on Sat.
Paul Wertico, Larry Grey, & Fred Simon played with Julian.
Last time we saw that trio was with Larry @ SPACE '16

Last edited:
Welcome Pete!

While you are tuning in the room, I have a few suggestions you may want to keep in mind (and I do realize that this may require approval from the wifey):

- try to move the speakers away from the corners and more into the room
- remove the visual (hence auditory) obstructions (table and couch) between the speakers and listening position
- try to not have that couch between the speakers

BTW, where is the equipment (amp, etc)? I don't see any sign of any equiment.

Thx
Looking forward to my sons visit from Austin TX
I can have him move a few things while I sit & listen to the effect of just what your recommending! I had sent him the same photo & mentioned those very same mods.
This might be difficult relating to since your north of the border?:ROFL:
Speaker placement is 20" from the side walls 36" from the front wall and 7' apart. I have currently found sitting 17' back from them & 5' in front of the back wall brings the most pleasure. The metric system is so digital. Haha!
Yes the wife plays into the setting!
Components are located in the basement directly below. Transparent HP14-2 speaker cable with 24' leads currently are feeding the juice. I'm thinking having the Rega isolated may be more favorable then losing fidelity because of the long length cable. The initial expense of the Quest and the amp makes going nuts with cable something to be dealt with in the future. 10-2 w/ biwire bricks? Just finish putting (2) through college. ROLL TIDE!

Try QUOTE=Bernard;183154]Welcome Pete!

While you are tuning in the room, I have a few suggestions you may want to keep in mind (and I do realize that this may require approval from the wifey):

- remove the visual (hence auditory) obstructions (table and couch) between the speakers and listening position

BTW, where is the equipment (amp, etc)? I don't see any sign of any equiment.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Joke Haha

Welcome Pete!

BTW, where is the equipment (amp, etc)? I don't see any sign of any equiment.

Bernard-
That was directed at the fact that we use inches & feet.
I'm in the construction industry down here in Chi-Town.
I appreciate any direction in audio knowledge!
Are the Quest still positioned in the corners to much?
The couch has been moved to the listening area & a small chair along with the open table to the right have taken its place.
Gettin Sweeter!

Bernard-
That was directed at the fact that we use inches & feet.
I'm in the construction industry down here in Chi-Town.
Pete, I was wondering what you were getting at. The construction industry here also uses feet and inches.
Pete said:
I appreciate any direction in audio knowledge!
Are the Quest still positioned in the corners to much?
The couch has been moved to the listening area & a small chair along with the open table to the right have taken its place.
Gettin Sweeter!
Can't tell without new pictures.

Back