n00b here, Hi!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Excited to be a new member, just bought my first pair of Martin Logan's plus a sub. So far I have about 60 hours through them and really enjoying them.

Picked up a pair of Motion 60XTs and a Dynamo 700W sub. I am driving it all with a Marantz sr5011. Love to listen to Jazz, Rock, Metal, Classical, House, Country and some Rap for good measure. I like to think I am pretty well rounded when to comes to music. :music:

I am going to be looking for an amp soon, so I will start browsing the forums for recommendations. Let me know if you already know of a link to a thread or info. Looking forward to seeing you all in the interwebs.

Thanks!
-Derek

Derek,

Welcome to the fold

Tons of great amp choices out there, are you thinking SS or tubes ?

Hi Dave,

Honestly I do not know enough between tubes and solid state to make an informed decision. I would like to get a 2 or 3 channel 300wpc amp for the 60XT's and a future 50XT center. I will also be watching movies on this system, so I was honestly thinking solid state. When I think if tubes, I think more of a dedicated listening room.

BTW your system looks amazing.

Agreed Derek, from what you're planning SS makes sense. Anthem makes some nice multi channel amps and I believe Emotiva does as well. It all depends on ones budget, you can search AudioGon to get a feel for used pricing if you are thinking of going that route

I am leaning towards the Anthem MCA 225 for the two front speakers. I think that is will be a long while before I can go to 5.1.. but when the time comes to get a center and 2 back surround speakers, will I need to match the amps for those? Like buy an Anthem MCA 325 or could I mix in an Emotiva XPA gen3 3 channel for the movie experience?

Anthem MCA 225 = 2 Motion 60XT's
Emotiva XPA 3 channel = 1 50XT center and two motion 4's for surround

Would that work or do i need to match the amps?

Thank you!
-Derek

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back