Potential owner from the UK

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nopiano

Reaction score
Hi all,

I joined to read a bit more about ML's, as I've admired them for many years. Currently using Sonus faber Concerto Grand Piano speakers, now about 20 years old. They've been great, but I've often hankered for a ribbon if panel speaker. ( Not a lover of the dear old Quad, tbh.) Sonus faber and Martin Logan share the importer/distributor 'Absolute Sounds' based in London.

Budget means I'm looking at the entry level Electrmotion ELS, but it has a good reputation here, as far as I can tell.

Welcome Nopiano. The Electromotion will be a great start for you to get into the Martin Logan sound. Enjoy it and let us know what you think compared to Sonus.

I've got them now, and have been re-reading old threads about setting up, alignment and so on. I suspect I'll have a few questions! Thanks for the welcome.

Hi all,

I joined to read a bit more about ML's, as I've admired them for many years. Currently using Sonus faber Concerto Grand Piano speakers, now about 20 years old. They've been great, but I've often hankered for a ribbon if panel speaker. ( Not a lover of the dear old Quad, tbh.) Sonus faber and Martin Logan share the importer/distributor 'Absolute Sounds' based in London.

Budget means I'm looking at the entry level Electrmotion ELS, but it has a good reputation here, as far as I can tell.

What's your room size?

Welcome and enjoy whatever you purchase. I'd personally look for something used rather than go for Electromotions - as great as they are. They'll certainly sound very different to what you have.

What's your room size?

About 21' 5" long by 11' 5" wide, with 8'6" ceiling height. Newly built, last year, so plasterboard walls and fully carpeted. Bay windows the speaker end, and French doors in the rear wall.

Last edited:
Welcome and enjoy whatever you purchase. I'd personally look for something used rather than go for Electromotions - as great as they are. They'll certainly sound very different to what you have.

So are you saying get 'higher' models that are used, for a similar budget? I see the attraction, but checking them out at home first is pretty much essential for me.

Last edited:
Back