Thread: Potential owner from the UK

Default Potential owner from the UK

Hi all,

I joined to read a bit more about ML's, as I've admired them for many years. Currently using Sonus faber Concerto Grand Piano speakers, now about 20 years old. They've been great, but I've often hankered for a ribbon if panel speaker. ( Not a lover of the dear old Quad, tbh.) Sonus faber and Martin Logan share the importer/distributor 'Absolute Sounds' based in London.

Budget means I'm looking at the entry level Electrmotion ELS, but it has a good reputation here, as far as I can tell.

New owner of Electromotion ELS, previously Sonus Faber Concerto Grand Piano. Amp:- Primare I32, CD:- Marantz SA14s1 SE and Krell kav300cd, Turntable:- Michell TecnoDec Rega Arm & Grado cart, Stream:- Squeezebox Touch and Chromecast Audio, Cassette:- Nakamichi ZX7. Van Damme and Atlas cables.

Welcome Nopiano. The Electromotion will be a great start for you to get into the Martin Logan sound. Enjoy it and let us know what you think compared to Sonus.

Welcome and enjoy the ride !
    Dave

System #79 - Analog is Alive and Well, if in doubt, click the link below !

Click Here to see my System

I've got them now, and have been re-reading old threads about setting up, alignment and so on. I suspect I'll have a few questions! Thanks for the welcome.
    New owner of Electromotion ELS, previously Sonus Faber Concerto Grand Piano. Amp:- Primare I32, CD:- Marantz SA14s1 SE and Krell kav300cd, Turntable:- Michell TecnoDec Rega Arm & Grado cart, Stream:- Squeezebox Touch and Chromecast Audio, Cassette:- Nakamichi ZX7. Van Damme and Atlas cables.

Super User

Quote Originally Posted by Nopiano View Post
    Hi all,

I joined to read a bit more about ML's, as I've admired them for many years. Currently using Sonus faber Concerto Grand Piano speakers, now about 20 years old. They've been great, but I've often hankered for a ribbon if panel speaker. ( Not a lover of the dear old Quad, tbh.) Sonus faber and Martin Logan share the importer/distributor 'Absolute Sounds' based in London.

Budget means I'm looking at the entry level Electrmotion ELS, but it has a good reputation here, as far as I can tell.
    What's your room size?

Welcome and enjoy whatever you purchase. I'd personally look for something used rather than go for Electromotions - as great as they are. They'll certainly sound very different to what you have.
    Marantz 8300 SACD / Squeezebox Touch --> Audiolab M-DAC --> Copland CTA-305 --> Classé CA-101 --> MartinLogan Vista / Behringer DEQ2496 --> Whise Profunder sub

Click here to see my system

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    What's your room size?
    About 21' 5" long by 11' 5" wide, with 8'6" ceiling height. Newly built, last year, so plasterboard walls and fully carpeted. Bay windows the speaker end, and French doors in the rear wall.
    Last edited by Nopiano; 04-27-2017 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amey01 View Post
    Welcome and enjoy whatever you purchase. I'd personally look for something used rather than go for Electromotions - as great as they are. They'll certainly sound very different to what you have.
    So are you saying get 'higher' models that are used, for a similar budget? I see the attraction, but checking them out at home first is pretty much essential for me.
    Last edited by Nopiano; 04-26-2017 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Spelling