new member here!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piezoman

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm Brad, and am absolutely thrilled to finally own my first audiophile system, and to be here among the elite. After 54 years, its time to "indulge" a bit, no? :D

I've dreamed of owning a pair of ML's for some 25 years! A very knowledgeable audiophile friend back then passed me the "fever" of a high end sound system.......I'll never forgive him for that :ROFL:

My listening room is borderline adequate, just a spare room, but it's the only one available in my 3 bedroom home: just 12' x 16'.

I haven't set it up yet, but here are the basics:

Speakers: Martin Logan Theos (Cherry)
Amplifier: Bryston 4B SST (300w)
Preamp: Bryston BHA-1 preamp / headphone amp
Media Player: Bryston BDP-2
DAC: Bryston BDA-2
Tuner: Magnum Dynalab FT-101A Etude
Blue Circle BC-85.1 Powerline Pillow / AC Line Conditioner
Speaker Cables: Soundstring Starfire
Interconnects: EMM IsoPath, Cullen Cables
Headphones: Audeze LCD-3 (with Fazor upgrade)

Anyway, hello to everyone! It's great to be part of the Martin Logan family of owners!

Last edited:
Welcome, Brad!

Looks like you have the start of a fine system. Make sure you post up pics when you get it up and running, there will be plenty of help in these pages, if needed.

Dan

Welcome aboard Brad, from which part of 'Pennsyltucky' do you hail ?

Welcome to the forum, Brad. When you start ripping your CDs, you may want to read this tipsheet first. The first part will give you some good advise. The rest is about using the Meridian Sooloos system, so you can skip that part.

Hello all, today I just received my order for (used at audiogon) Soundstrings Gen I speaker cables, and an order of new matching jumper cables.

I'm taking a serious look at purchasing a nice used Bryston BDP-1 media player & Bryston BDA-2 DAC to complete the system.

Last edited:
hello all, i'm now in the midst of purchasing a Bryston BDA-2 DAC and BDP-2 player to replace the vintage Deltec Precision Audio transport & DAC. This should make a significant difference.

Sounds nice Brad, once you're all set up post up a few pics for 'picture hounds' ! or better yet do a write up in the members system section.

Welcome from a fellow Theos owner to another. You may be a bit late to the party, but you come loaded. The Theos will love to be driven by the Bryston. Please let us know how they will sound. I will be upgrading my amp soon and trying to gather ideas before I pull the trigger. Although I must confess, I am biased toward the Pass Labs SS amps.

Welcome from a fellow Theos owner to another. You may be a bit late to the party, but you come loaded. The Theos will love to be driven by the Bryston. Please let us know how they will sound. I will be upgrading my amp soon and trying to gather ideas before I pull the trigger. Although I must confess, I am biased toward the Pass Labs SS amps.

Everyone, I STILL haven't completely set up everything, as I'm waiting on the BHA-1 preamp / headphone amp. I'm selling the BP-25. Bought the BHA-1 because I'm adding headphone listening to my repertoire, and decided on the Audeze LCD-3's.

Northy, thanks for the prop! Did you decide on one of the Pass Lab amps?

Soon I will (finally) post some pics of my rig.

Everyone, I STILL haven't completely set up everything, as I'm waiting on the BHA-1 preamp / headphone amp. I'm selling the BP-25. Bought the BHA-1 because I'm adding headphone listening to my repertoire, and decided on the Audeze LCD-3's.

Northy, thanks for the prop! Did you decide on one of the Pass Lab amps?

Soon I will (finally) post some pics of my rig.

No, not yet. Most likely, it will be an XA 30.8.

Back