Thread: new member here!

Default new member here!

Hello everyone,

I'm Brad, and am absolutely thrilled to finally own my first audiophile system, and to be here among the elite. After 54 years, its time to "indulge" a bit, no?

I've dreamed of owning a pair of ML's for some 25 years! A very knowledgeable audiophile friend back then passed me the "fever" of a high end sound system.......I'll never forgive him for that

My listening room is borderline adequate, just a spare room, but it's the only one available in my 3 bedroom home: just 12' x 16'.

I haven't set it up yet, but here are the basics:

Martin Logan Theos (cherry) - brand new
    Bryston 4B SST 300w amp - used, excellent cond., 1 previous owner, used lightly
    Bryston BP-25 preamp - used, excellent cond., 1 previous owner, used lightly
    DPA (Deltec Precision Audio) T1 transport & "Bigger Bit" DAC (90's vintage) - had sitting around since the mid 90's, used lightly (purchased from my old audiophile friend back then)
    Magnum Dynalab FT-101A Etude tuner
    Interconnects: Kimber Kable Hero WBT-0108, EMM IsoPath....both 1.5 m - used, each 1 previous owner, used lightly

I know, the DPA is probably the strange part??? I have no idea how this will sound, I do know it sounded pristine when my old friend had it in his system back in the 90's (Apogee ribbon speakers, Threshold monoblocks, etc as I remember).

I do plan on converting a large part my CD collection (currently about 10,000) and purchasing some sort of storage and playback system in the mid-term......I'll need some help down the line on it, so I'll be asking question on that front.

Anyway, hello to everyone! It's great to be part of the Martin Logan family of owners!
    Last edited by piezoman; 06-30-2017 at 03:46 AM.

Welcome, Brad!

Looks like you have the start of a fine system. Make sure you post up pics when you get it up and running, there will be plenty of help in these pages, if needed.

Dan
    Kicking back somewhere in the desert, listening to my Logans....
    Click here to see my system
    Odyssey, Descent i, Theater, Vanquish

Welcome aboard Brad, from which part of 'Pennsyltucky' do you hail ?
    Dave

System #79 - Analog is Alive and Well, if in doubt, click the link below !

Click Here to see my System

Welcome to the forum, Brad. When you start ripping your CDs, you may want to read this tipsheet first. The first part will give you some good advise. The rest is about using the Meridian Sooloos system, so you can skip that part.
    HTML Code:
    <A HREF="http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?10923-System-353-%28Purity-Descent%29">My System (has to be upgraded)</A>

Quote Originally Posted by twich54 View Post
    Welcome aboard Brad, from which part of 'Pennsyltucky' do you hail ?
    Hi, I'm in the central area, near Harrisburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutshell View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Brad. When you start ripping your CDs, you may want to read this tipsheet first. The first part will give you some good advise. The rest is about using the Meridian Sooloos system, so you can skip that part.
    thank you! i will keep this in mind, thank you for the info

Quote Originally Posted by piezoman View Post
    Hi, I'm in the central area, near Harrisburg.
    Cool, buddy of mine owns a B & B on the Susquehanna just North of Harrisburg in Marysville.
    Dave

Welcome....!
    Marantz 8300 SACD / Squeezebox Touch --> Audiolab M-DAC --> Copland CTA-305 --> Classé CA-101 --> MartinLogan Vista / Behringer DEQ2496 --> Whise Profunder sub

Click here to see my system

Hello all, today I just received my order for (used at audiogon) Soundstrings Gen I speaker cables, and an order of new matching jumper cables.

I'm taking a serious look at purchasing a nice used Bryston BDP-1 media player & Bryston BDA-2 DAC to complete the system.
    Last edited by piezoman; 05-03-2017 at 02:00 PM.

hello all, i'm now in the midst of purchasing a Bryston BDA-2 DAC and BDP-2 player to replace the vintage Deltec Precision Audio transport & DAC. This should make a significant difference.

Sounds nice Brad, once you're all set up post up a few pics for 'picture hounds' ! or better yet do a write up in the members system section.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by twich54 View Post
    Sounds nice Brad, once you're all set up post up a few pics for 'picture hounds' ! or better yet do a write up in the members system section.
    thank you very much

i most certainly will, in the members system section. should be in a few weeks!