Anyone here using VPI Bricks or Shakti Stones?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DTB300

Reaction score
Anyone here using these and would like to share there opinions and results?

I am using a VIP Brick (aka Magic Brick - which I have had for many years) and have recently placed it on top of my ARC SP16 Pre Amp achieving great results. Bass improvement was the biggest thing that I heard along with better detail between instruments and vocals.

I found an article from 6Moons on the VPI Brick and Shakti Stones that was interesting reading...

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/edge1/edge1.html

Later...Dan

I have tried the stones and did not think the improvment if any was worth the $$

Taz said:
I have tried the stones and did not think the improvment if any was worth the $$
Yeah..the Stones are high priced....compared to what I remember paying for the VIP Brick. Trying to find a local store here who carries them where I could try them out before purchasing.

Dan

Dan,
My friend out here where I bought a lot of my stuff sells something similar and I do not think it is the VPI Brock or the Shakti but I will find out for you and let you know.

Jeff :D

I use the VPI bricks but no longer on my electronics, but as mass dampers on the cabinets of my Claritys. My current set-up doesn't seem to benifit electrically from them, but as MD's they made an audible improvement to the low-end of the speakers.

risabet said:
I use the VPI bricks but no longer on my electronics, but as mass dampers on the cabinets of my Claritys. My current set-up doesn't seem to benifit electrically from them, but as MD's they made an audible improvement to the low-end of the speakers.
Where did you put them?

I haven't used the VPI Magic Bricks but...

I do use a Bright Star Audio Little Rock on top of my DAC and it makes a noticeable improvement.

I think the VPI's have lead cores or something don't they? So they are supposed to be like a ferrite shield I believe. The Bright Star is just for mass loading, but it does a good job of making my digital sources a bit less "fuzzy".

DTB300 said:
Anyone here using these and would like to share there opinions and results?

I am using a VIP Brick (aka Magic Brick - which I have had for many years) and have recently placed it on top of my ARC SP16 Pre Amp achieving great results. Bass improvement was the biggest thing that I heard along with better detail between instruments and vocals.

I found an article from 6Moons on the VPI Brick and Shakti Stones that was interesting reading...

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/edge1/edge1.html

Later...Dan
Hola Dan...I use one shakti on top of my power amp, and I like what it does...it channels all "emi" away and my sound is cleaner and better signal to noise ratio in micro-levels, micro-dynamcis are easy listenend, where the heart and the sound of the musician is...I do like it very much...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Robero

MiTT said:
I do use a Bright Star Audio Little Rock on top of my DAC and it makes a noticeable improvement.
I have one on my CD player, used to be on the preamp. It weighs so much, I think solid lead must be lighter. I've not notice any difference besides what I thought extra damping would bring. Hard to seperate out, one in the same with this product.

Back