Need some help with cabling.....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamar

Reaction score
System:
Speakers - ML Summit X
Pre-Amp - AR REF 6
Amp - AR 150se
DAC - AR DAC9
Aurender N10
CD - Sony 777ES not used very much
Transparent Power Isolator 8

An older guy looking to finish off a system with some cabling. An audiophile I am not and totally mesmerized by some of the forum discussions. I have auditioned the Nordost Heimdall 2, Tyr 2 and Valhalla 2 speaker cables and with the Valhalla 2 sc and crossovers the system really started sounding good. I am also curious about the Transparent Reference Series XL SC, etc. and have not heard them. I would appreciate any technical and sound comparisons between the two and which one would be a better fit for my system components. I know the important factor is what sounds the best to the listener, however, I am also interested in the sonic compatibility. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I'm trying to figure out if you are looking for all cables or just speaker cables? I can't offer a comparison but I can definitely tell you with Nordost it all starts with power by a wide margin then interconnects followed by speaker cables. You have a nice setup and good cables will definitely impact your quality of sound for the better. What I can tell you with Nordost is that it does indeed get better as you move up the line. But as you go up the pricing becomes next to impossible to afford. My suggestion to you is T2 is a good high point that is very satisfying. If you can afford it V2 is a real big jump up as you have noticed. Lately I'm adding some O2 power and digital and can't be happier.

The other thing with Nordost is don't over look the more affordable and must have QB8 and at least one QX4. If you go Nordost these are a must as they are like the foundation to add cables too. Also sort kones and fut along with QV2 and QK1 are real good bang for the dollars spent and highly recommended. A good earth ground to the QB8 is probably the least costly but biggest impact to your system. In system #503 there is a good link about grounding and Nordost.

Last edited:
Wow! That's a great collection of equipment. You should post it in Members' Systems.

No recommendations from me in that rarified stratosphere.

Back