Synology renderer for videos

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wink

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Continuing saga....OK looking for a little guidance, as always, with rendering videos from my Synology NAS through my Onkyo PR-RZ5100 processor. I currently have 2 or 3 movies that I've ripped through Handbrake and loaded through File Station in an MP4 format for trial purposes. I can use DS Video through my iPad remote and our phones to view on their respective screens. When I access the Media Server through the Onkyo network, then access Synology, it shows Video Station, and shows the uploaded videos. However, when I select one it says "not a recognized format". The Onkyo manual says that it only recognizes Windows Media Player 11/12 files, but I don't want to store movies on my PC, hence having the Synology NAS.

FWIW, I can listen to my Synology audio files perfectly fine through processor, it's just video I'm having issues. I am looking to purchase the new Oppo UDP-205 when it gets released in a week or two, but I'm unsure as to whether it can render the videos. For the 105 owners, can you render videos from your Synology?

Thanks for helping, as always!

Dan

I figure that not many folks are familiar with my processor since its new. So I will re-state my inquiry; For those using a Synology NAS, what are you using as a renderer? Does it recognize Synology applications such as DS Video/Video Station?

Dan

Latest posts

Back