Montis-Loose panel

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krelldog

Reaction score
I bought a pair of M/L Montis's today. I bought them second hand on Audiogon. They are Birdseye Maple and in pristine condition. I got them set up and they sound incredible. While setting them up I noticed that one of the panels is slightly loose. I tightened up the 6 hex nuts I found that look like they were securing the panel to the bass cabinet. Its still slightly loose.....should I be concerned? Is their a solution to getting this flush and tight like the other one ?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

John

at the top of cabinet, there is a plate that fills the gap between the cabinet and frame structure. many tight those thinking it will help. remove panel and that will expose the top attachment point to the cabinet.

Peter- How difficult or complicated is it to remove the panel? Is this something a normal Joe can do? Or should I take it to a M/L dealer?

I swapped the panels on my old Ethos for troubleshooting purposes a while back. It was not too difficult. I still have the instructions if you want them (Vantage/Vista/Ethos). Montis is probably very similar. Or contact ML service directly, they probably have updated instructions for Montis. BTW, my Montis have no play whatsoever in the panel.

very easy. just a plastic cover plate held on by two screws, once popped off it will reveal the real connection points between the frame and the cabinet.

Back