Surrounds to go with Thoes FR & FL and Stage X Centre

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Htguy

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a dedicated HT room measuring 11' wide x 17.5' long by 7.5' high. The room is sealed and treated.

I have two rows seating and back row is on an an 18 inch riser. There are 2 seats in the first row and 2 seats behind in the second back row. The back row is about 8 inches from the back wall.

Side surrounds are to go on upper part of side walls in line with first row about 3 feet from first row listeners.

Rear surrounds are to go just behind second row on upper part of rear wall.

Considering the FX or FX2 surrounds. Any insight or suggestions as to the differences between them. What would you suggest. Any other suggestions.

Are the FX2 in my room worth the extra money and would I hear the extra benefit.

One concern I have with the FX2 is that it only has a 30 degree vertical dispersion and maybe my seats being so close would cause issues.

Hi,

I have a dedicated HT room measuring 11' wide x 17.5' long by 7.5' high. The room is sealed and treated.

I have two rows seating and back row is on an an 18 inch riser. There are 2 seats in the first row and 2 seats behind in the second back row. The back row is about 8 inches from the back wall.

Side surrounds are to go on upper part of side walls in line with first row about 3 feet from first row listeners.

Rear surrounds are to go just behind second row on upper part of rear wall.

Considering the FX or FX2 surrounds. Any insight or suggestions as to the differences between them. What would you suggest. Any other suggestions.

Are the FX2 in my room worth the extra money and would I hear the extra benefit.

One concern I have with the FX2 is that it only has a 30 degree vertical dispersion and maybe my seats being so close would cause issues.

Either one should work. The FX's are bipolar maybe mount the sides between the 2 rows. I have the FX2 for surrounds and really like them.

Brad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Either one should work. The FX's are bipolar maybe mount the sides between the 2 rows. I have the FX2 for surrounds and really like them.

Brad

Hi Brad,

I see you ended up moving your side FX2s lower from the original higher position. Is it because your seating is fairly close and so they sound better due to their 30 degree vertical dispersion?

Yes I lowered the side and the back channels as a trial for dolby atmos surrounds. Being pretty close to my seating area I was afraid direct firing speaker would be to much in my face. It turned out the FX2 work really well, with just enough localization and discrete sounds but not in my face. A member here recommended that I mount them the way I have them. He was right they work great this way. Plus it saved me some $$ I don't have to replace them.

Brad

Well I ordered two FX for side surrounds for now. I will see how they work and then decide what to buy for my rears.

Well I ordered two FX for side surrounds for now. I will see how they work and then decide what to buy for my rears.

Hopefully they work for as good as they do for me. Let me how you like them.

Brad

Back