Aerius active crossover and more project

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing this is where the high voltage board is getting its ground.

IMG_8163.jpg

One of these is going to the panel junction block and the other is coming from the other side of the step up transformer?

IMG_8165.jpg

I hope I posted all the necessary photos. I'm happy to post any more if necessary. I really appreciate the help Jonathan and I hope I didn't bombard you with more info than you needed... or offend you by my lack of knowledge with electrical engineering! :)

Last edited:
Here's the schematic that Martin Logan gave me. I'm guessing this is everything that needs to get bypassed so maybe this isn't that helpful
View attachment 19247

Thanks, this is helpful. The process is indeed mostly removal. On the panel, the red post will will feed P1 (Green wire) on the step-up transformer and the black (ground) will feed P2 (black wire) on the Step up.
Everything else ahead of that transformer is removed.
Do leave the elements between the transformer and the panel.

Now, on the feed to P1, you might want to add 2 1 Ohm / 20W resistors in parallel (1 ohm load) to make the amp happier. You will need to buy these, as there are none in the crossover (unless R7 in the low pass is indeed a 1 Ohm rated part).
Or use R3 and R5 in parallel as they are 2 Ohm/20w parts, but that is a 2 ohm load, so it cuts the output a bit more than a 1 ohm, but maybe a an easy place to start since you have the parts. And an even more amp-friendly load.

For the woofer, just remove everything between the posts and the driver, replace it with a wire.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back