What about the CLX?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GW1800

Reaction score
So since virtually all the speakers have been updated including the center channels what is known about the fate of the CLX? I see it's in its own category now not sure what that means except it's here for now. ARC would make no sense to apply to this speaker like the others. I know the new generation has thinner film which of course could be used. All the updated models have larger panels certainly they could do that but will it actually help. Would they incorporate a bass enclosure but how without getting much higher? Maybe there are no plans to change but my guess is there is. My understanding from a ML rep is the CLX was kind of an experiment that was thought to be a fleeting product but it became more popular beyond all expectations. I apologize in advance if this was posted already.

NOPE! The tri panel design was a really hard to do and make and the CLX has taken it as far as bass can get.. Owning the CLS and hearing the CLX daily its not far of in termsof level of bass.. The clx has better punch and detail.. That being said its much easier to DSP a woofer and add a ALREADY PROVED SUPER PROFITABLE PANEL.. . lets not church it up, Its perf metal and a proven mylar sandwich..

No problem here if they are going to keep it. If that is so they should at least update the text they still talk about the descent I for instance.

Its the original add.. Marketing in Kanada is a bit slow... Its also a one model run so its not as heralded NOW ! It was the saving grace at one time with a declining two channel market ! Thank US CLS devotees . Its a damn good sounding speaker when done correctly.. Having not heard the Neolith but many house sounds on the panels happen to be similar just bigger wider ... I think CLX with twin depthI are hard to beat but looks wise It has never been my favorite .. I LOVE the looks of the Neolith but unless I had stupid money to spend on them I have a hard time swallowing $80k for a 48 inch panel that you technically can get for $3k replacement cost on a Monolith.. Its no different to make.....OK clear spars are worth another ????? makes you say HMMMMM

Back