Cassette Tape

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the article says that the Aussie's are the big conspirators !

OH hell I can remember playing Blackfoot at ear splitting levels with a beer soaked cassette that was so sticky I could have used it for drywall glue..

Funny thing is I just picked up a old Sony 1974 unit that I NEVER intended to use other than a prop to match my Sony Str7045 which sounds magical for its age
I have a old set of Alnicho EV woofers I am converting to a corner cabinet , Aristocrat modded to a E wave design.. Big simple design on another site.. Era placed coupling

I have a cassette deck I was intending to take to Best Buy, to be disposed of and recycled, but if anyone here would like to offer me a couple hundred bucks for it, can we talk? :)

It is a Technics deck that should be good for a few more decades. Too bad it is 110V only, or I'd consider advertising it for sale in Australia! :)

I have a cassette deck I was intending to take to Best Buy, to be disposed of and recycled, but if anyone here would like to offer me a couple hundred bucks for it, can we talk? :)

It is a Technics deck that should be good for a few more decades. Too bad it is 110V only, or I'd consider advertising it for sale in Australia! :)

A repeat of these guys who are shedding tears for hocking their vinyl collections?

believe it or not my garage system has an old Realistic cassette deck in it, not working to well right now though. It also has one of the original Phillips CD players, works perfectly !

About 15 years ago, I considered having my Nakamichi repaired. The belt drive tensioner or something was off.

However I realized I had not listened to one cassette in at least 5 years, so first I got rid of my tape deck and years later I took the hundreds of tapes I had sitting in the attic ( bright move ) to the dump.

Mark, that makes me so sad :(, In the higher quality Ferric/normal, Chrome/type II. Metal/type IV, I have many that still sound superb and shock many listeners that it's a tape moving at 1/78th of a second.

I'm glad I kept my Nakamichi BX-2. Still have a couple tapes to listen to. One foot in analog world, rest of me is digital. But actively converting my vinyl collection.

Latest posts

Back