Question: Center channel setup

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wink

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone here using two Theater / i center channels with front projection? One placed below the screen and one above? If so, does it improve the center image or do you lose the blending of the left and right channel due to the panels being lower?

Thanks!

Dan

Is anyone here using two Theater / i center channels with front projection? One placed below the screen and one above? If so, does it improve the center image or do you lose the blending of the left and right channel due to the panels being lower?

I hope someone who's done this responds, I'm also considering this option. I recently purchased a "like new" Stage speaker to complement my Theos pair for home theater, and even though I've placed the Stage right on the bottom edge of my screen, the sound still appears to originate from below.

A "dialogue lift" feature on my receiver allows me to better center the sound on the screen, and that also improves the sound quality, as it's blending the Theos's larger panels into the center mix. But it also "fogs" the center image a bit, so I was considering mounting the Stage on top, with my old center (one of 5 Infinity Renaissance 90 speakers from my original 5.1 system) on the bottom. That might improve the image, but I'm concerned it won't be a huge gain over the electronic "lift" solution, or even be worse.

I know there was a member on here a few years back that stacked two Theaters, one on top of the other, but I don't recall anyone that has placed one above and one below the screen. I suppose I could just jump in and find out.. lol

Dan

Back