New (used) reQuest owner. :)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audio Fan

Reaction score
Hi All.

Happy new owner of a pair of used reQuests. Amazing imaging. :D

Now to tool the room and components around them.... but, that has to be another post, I believe.

Pat

Yes.... Thanks Tom - finally, I did.

Despite 'end-user' issues. :)

Glad to be here. Now, off to dig out some important ML info I desperately require.

Welcome! Have owned two different pair of reQuest speakers over the years. Bought my first pair new in 1998... it was extremely difficult to part with both sets. My wife is still mad that I got rid of them.. true story!

Dan

LOL. Yeah, tweaking room placement is going to be a work in progress.

I'm system 517. If you're up in NE PA stop by for a beer.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

That's amusing Wink!! And somewhat familiar...

I was auditioning two pair (or completely different) speakers. My wife was with me at the time. She doesn't mind accompanying me on some of these 'listening explorations'... :)

Having said that, she has never provided any input regarding preference - just what she noticed when listening. Which has always been fine - and sometime useful. Until she heard these. She insisted we buy them and if I (the supposed audiophile of the house) doesn't like them at home, she'll have me put them in the bedroom.

That - also, is a real story. :)

AS it turned out - I did take them (on home evaluation) and was surprised how much better they sounded at home. So, they stayed. (Personally, I have no idea how she was going to fit them in the bedroom)

That IS funny. My wife proposed migrating them to our bedroom, as well. I would have agreed in the past, but after our kids grew and left home we downsized our house. This also reduced the space in the bedroom, causing me to sell the bedroom audio system and move to whole-house-audio as the alternative.

The times that I am able to get my wife out to listen to gear, she has made some really good decisions. Usually, she upgrades the equipment well beyond what my budget was... listen to the wife!

Dan

LOL... Weird - eh? Some wives want nothing to do with the Audio setup, and guys go to extremes to hide new purchases or make them 'disappear'. Others (nicely) over-encourage.

A few years ago, I had a Rega Planar 2 and was drooling over a VPI Scout at a local High end store. My wife suggests that I chat to the owner about trading in my Rega. I 'politely' say, I don't think he's going to take a low end Rega on trade, much less give me any value towards the Scout. Next thing, she's chatting to the owner herself and get me a deal for $1100.00 with trade in. Apparently, as it was last years model, he was willing to drop considerably on the price.

I currently own a VPI Scout. Think I'll keep her. The wife, I mean. :)

Latest posts

Back