Obsessive hobbies....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to laugh though at your comment about the trigger pull on your rifle ..... 1.5 lbs, that's a ton my friend ! As a former bench rest shooter , my 6ppc ....... 2oz trigger and I can tell you at times in matches when reading the wind flags and daisy wheels that thing felt like 2 tons !

Ha ha. Well, Dave . . . It is basically just a 10/22, not an Anschutz Benchrest rifle. I shoot it standing and prone, as well as off a Benchrest. But yeah, I'm not competing with it. Just punching holes in paper.

2 oz, wow! That's a light pull. I think the lowest the Kidd can be adjusted is 6 oz per stage, but 12 is fine for me.

Oh, and that's a fine looking Vette. Love that vintage.

Very nice mountain bike! Are you running tubeless there? When we were in Sedona, the cacti were BRUTAL. I saw a guy who came down from Alaska with tires that size. He said he could ride on snow with them. I'm sure they are excellent on dusty climbs. What pressure are you running in them?

My wife and I between us have 2 hard tails, 2 full suspension bikes, 2 road bikes, and I have a single speed road bike that I built from my old 1984 racing bicycle.
However our matching Specialized Stumpjumper Experts are about 8 years old now. When we tested the pair we were amazed at how much easier they were on our backs! They aren't 29'ers, but they get the job done!

View attachment 19133

Mark, absolutely running tubeless. Between losing the tubes and converting to Whiskey carbon fiber rims I dropped almost 3 pounds off the bike. I run about 8-9 pounds on dirt and drop down to 2-3 for riding snow. Yes, it rides well in snow, but it's much more of a workout depending on conditions, pack etc.

Attachments

• IMG_3233.jpg
    IMG_3233.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3232.jpg
    IMG_3232.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 146
Ok, this isn't the best picture. But it will give you an idea. These are all my Leica lenses, plus 1 CV and 1 Zeiss, for the M mount rangefinder cameras. With the Summarit I have coming today, I'll have a baker's dozen of M mount lenses.

View attachment 19137

How is it that you can photograph your photographic equipment, but you can't photograph your system? Utterly preposterous.

Rich, you and Mark need to get a Peloton bike. Sandy and I love ours. Best investment in exercise equipment we've ever made. Amazing workout.

My wife and I are very happy with our Keiser M3

It is absolutely silent and you can't over power it. It also very easily switches between her 5'4" frame an my 6' frame.

The pedals are SPD on one side and you can use regular shoes on the other side.

I actually prefer the full body workout of my Concept 2 rowing machine. I purchased it in 1994 and I've upgraded it a bit over the years, but it is a very nice piece of equipment.

51wqpsUMq4L.jpg

Last edited:
How is it that you can photograph your photographic equipment, but you can't photograph your system? Utterly preposterous.

Always focusing on the negative, Adam. If you look closely at the panorama picture of my gym, you will see it includes my secondary system with the Pass Labs amp and Ascents.

Rich, you and Mark need to get a Peloton bike. Sandy and I love ours. Best investment in exercise equipment we've ever made. Amazing workout.

Hey Tim. The Swinn Airdyne is good enough for me. I like that it gives me an upper body as well as lower body workout. It's great for cardio or for warming up before weightlifting. I used to have a nice spin bike that I bought for my wife, but I never used it. Just didn't enjoy it.

I'm with Mark though . . . the Concept 2 rowers are the way to go. That's actually the next piece of equipment on my purchase list.

Hey Tim. The Swinn Airdyne is good enough for me. I like that it gives me an upper body as well as lower body workout. It's great for cardio or for warming up before weightlifting. I used to have a nice spin bike that I bought for my wife, but I never used it. Just didn't enjoy it.

I'm with Mark though . . . the Concept 2 rowers are the way to go. That's actually the next piece of equipment on my purchase list.

The only downside to the Concept 2 is that it is louder so I only use it by myself. Ironically it is the least expensive piece I have. They sell directly and after all these years it is still a bargain.

The noise isn't much of a problem since I like to workout in the early AM, I'm two floors away and my wife prefers the evening.

The elliptical trainer is something my wife wanted. However she typically uses the spin bike.

Mark, absolutely running tubeless. Between losing the tubes and converting to Whiskey carbon fiber rims I dropped almost 3 pounds off the bike. I run about 8-9 pounds on dirt and drop down to 2-3 for riding snow. Yes, it rides well in snow, but it's much more of a workout depending on conditions, pack etc.

cool snow pics Tim, whereabouts ??

cool snow pics Tim, whereabouts ??

C Lazy U Ranch in Grandby, CO. I was there for a customer event for work. It totally sucked.

Actually it's one of the most amazing places I've ever been as far as a sort of "All Inclusive" experience. We've taken customers there 2 years in a row and it is always described as the best manufacturers trip they've ever been on.

I love this thread i do have a 99 bmw M roadster But those rides you guys have are phenomenal No pics handy as it is stored for the winter. I have to limitmy hobbies as a lot goes into the music stuff :)

Back