Primaluna HP amp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
Has any one tried the primaluna dialogue premium HP power amp wth there summit or summit x speakers? If so what did u think?

Has any one tried the primaluna dialogue premium HP power amp wth there summit or summit x speakers? If so what did u think?
It is really hard to believe that no one has tried the primaluna hp power amp that has been used by Martin Logan numerous times to demo there speakers! Plus its a reasonable priced tube amp!

It is really hard to believe that no one has tried the primaluna hp power amp that has been used by Martin Logan numerous times to demo there speakers! Plus its a reasonable priced tube amp!

There used to be a member here that ran prima Luna with either odysseys or prodigys and loved them. Another member had dialogue 7s with the CLX and liked it very much as well.

Just another thought as I went back to see you were talking summits. Given that u are just pushing the stat panel - I think the prima Luna hp might be pretty special. I believe they discuss the ability to drive difficult loads? And considering the summit has its own amp for the bass ... buying used or new?

I haven't tried the combo but the PL specs particularly the output impedance, seem to suggest using a shorter speaker wire run, ideally a pair of PL monoblocks near the speakers.

I haven't tried the combo but the PL specs particularly the output impedance, seem to suggest using a shorter speaker wire run, ideally a pair of PL monoblocks near the speakers.

Hi kalali - could you explain this a bit? Thanks tim

I've only heard one tube amp with my Summits, it was a BAT something SE about 100wpc into 4ohms, very nice for late night listening, liquid, warm...not much punch though! Cables? The big Logans can suck huge amounts of current/power from an amp. I am thinking of selling my beloved SAE, it wasn't built for the load the Summits ask for. This has been said many times but, needs repeating...the amp see's a big cap, current in, and sends it right back, wicked fluctuating impedance loads. Motorboarding comes to mind, this is what we have to deal with. :music:

Back