crazy weather channel video ....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is amazing none of the officers were in the car.

I can't imagine what it felt like for the truck driver to know your trailer is going over and you are going with it.

Not an unusual event. I assume it was along the I-80 corridor. Couldn't load the video. Look at a satellite picture of Wyoming if you are interested. The perfect east - west wind tunnel through the middle of the state.

That was the week where we had some "kick ass" storms.

In Jackson, 90 MPH gusts took out 17 steel power poles supplying the Teton Village Ski Resort. Village was closed for five days. Some 3,000 guests had to find another place to stay.

Also avalanches closed three of the four roads into the valley for three days. Too dangerous to keep open.

Gordon

That was truly cringe worthy Bernard. Just when you thought it was over another one would start down the decline.

When my wife and I lived in Portland Me. in the early 80's, (damn I'm getting old) we owned a home on a main oneway street that was uphill. When there was a storm prediction we would sit in the front bay window and watch the cars. It was amazing that were so many convinced they would be able make it up a 7 block long steep hill with a traffic light at the halfway point.

Sometimes they would be lucky enough to turn on a side street and plan a new attack on the other half of town over the hill. Mostly they would get part way up and just sit or slid back until 15-30 cars would try to back down the hill and across a 4 lane street at the bottom.
It amazed me the for all of the years we lived there an endless line of drivers believed it was just the other person that was unable to maneuver the snowy and slippery hill.

It was one of our favorite winter sports there. Maybe judged mean spirited by some but sitting with a glass of wine watching it was funny as hell. We would pick a car down the hill and start cheering for them to make it.

Yes, Maine winters are long and cold.

I thought it was crazy that we are seeing lots of 60's and 70's this February.

Yesterday, my wife was out on the screen porch with the cats and the birds were chirping, my rose bushes are leafing out, and the daffodils are blooming.

Then.... I heard a freaking lawn mower! Sorry guys, this just ain't right for February!

Just a lazy day hanging out in the sun...

justhangingout.jpg

Back