Power management?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumthinwong

Reaction score
Equipment: Motif X, Summit X, Nile FX (ceiling), Phase tech's (surrounds, Rear),....two sub woofers, B&K av5000 series 11, Yamaha 3060 11.2 channels,,,,Escient, laserdisc, California Audio Labs CD, HD DVD, Sony Blue ray. Presently using 10.2 channels for Dolby Atmos & DTS X. Used mostly for Movies but future use for Music also. My present power config has the B&K in a combined loop with the Yamaha, I'm wondering if it would be more efficient or an advantage to power my fronts (center, two mains) with the B&K and the rest with the channels of the Yamaha. Please help with your advice and why you feel one way is better or worst. Thanks for sharing

Hola and welcome to the Martin Logan family. Gee, that´s a difficult question, because you have a very nice speakers array. I would do exactly what you are thinking to do. Its important to understand that my liking could be different than yours, but in a general way of speaking, I would do the same thing. B&K driving your SummitsX and the Yamaha for the rest.

Happy listening!

Back