Exasound E-32 DAC its one of the best of its kind...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberto

Reaction score
Hola...I just received the new Exasound E-32 DAC, and love it! This DAC is using the new Chip number ES9028PRO, and it s a 32 Bit chip. I have it for about 15 days, and had played all type of music. The first thing that you notice, is the absence of harsh. Crystal clear I would say. Of course, if the digital recording is really bad, then you can´t get rid of it, but it is reduced to less of the half that you get with other DACs.

I am finding several features that I do like very much, as an example, there is no jitter distortion, and it has a galvanic isolation. Youtube is sounding each day better. I am using a Mac Mini for my digital music, and I do have some MP-3 music too. I can listen to MP-3 with outstanding clarity! Also I am using Audirvana Plus software and I am oversampling MP-3 to DSD 2.8 M sampling rate. I do like a lot what I am listening for good. I cant´believe that this is a MP-3 recording.

On DSD, I am using the HQPlayer software by Signalyst. Native or SA, I can set the unit up to 11M of sampling rate, but I love the sweetness and dynamics with 5.6 M. Usually SA its sampling rate is at 2.M, just over sampling by 2X its enough.

The unit exhibits great sense of 3D, and wide stage. The left hand of a piano player vs his right hand is very evident and impressive. The DSD sound has a lot of air between the instruments, and also dynamics. With the HQPlayer, you can do an up-sampling with files that are not compressed. You can´t use MP-3 to over sampling it. All of my red book or Native DSD, the player that I use is the HQPlayer. This software is very temperamental. Everything must be right, or the software rejects the file. But its the best player to listen Hi Res music. Here is where I am getting goose bumps while listening a such fantastic recordings. As an example, Salvatore Accardo, playing the Violin Concertos of Paganini, you do have an very intimate feeling with the quality sound of the violin. All the nuances of the music, the timbre and bow over the string(s), all the movements, the harmonics, the stingy, the jumps of the bow over the string(s) producing sounds that I had never heard before.

If you are into digital, you should give to this DAC a try. I truly recommend it! Its a fantastic unit and your ears will be very happy. Here is where I say: quality has no regret!

Happy listening.

Congrats on your find, Roberto. I've been looking for a solid, affordable DAC for my system rebuild. I have a Synology NAS (I have yet to turn on) that I am going to load all our CD's and DVD's into so I wanted a good conversion for all that digital music. I upgraded our old Integra processor to the new Onkyo PR-RZ5100 that has AKM 384K/32 Bit DACs inside, so hopefully they should be pretty clean to run through.

I really like the specs on that little Exasound DAC. If this DAC doesn't do the trick i may have to try that one out.

Thanks! Dan

Hola Dan. These guys at Exasound are really doing their homework! My system had never sound this good before. And I am a tweak person.
Our friend Bernard, recently built a kit. He claims a better performance than his AudioLab MDAC, which I did have too.
I am now into hi res DSD format, and my ears are very happy with the quality of the sound that I am getting, specially with the stage and the air between the instruments.
I have a friend here in Costa Rica, that he has the Avantgarde big horn speakers driven by Conrad Johnson. He is a analogue person, but he has a big digital collection too. He lives just about 1.5 miles from home, and talking with him, he asked me to take this baby to take a listen vs his very expensive turntable. I took my DSD external hard drive and the DAD for the match. The result? Both medias brought out the feeling of the musician(s) with the right timbre, ambiance, crystal clear sound. You should see how wide his eyes were opened. (mines too) It was a very remarkable experience. We adjust the volume level to match both and with the preamp switch played the tested tracks. I have to admit that his turntable has a very good S/R and sometimes the quality sound were so similar, that you got confused. But, I always chose right. Still, analogue is analogue, and digital is digital. If you learn how to listen digital, then you are safe, because analogue is that good!
I do not want to start a controversy and debate, but right now, I am only listening to digital. I disconnect my turntables from my system. The easy to get the music, the quality of the sound and also the time searching and cleaning time spent to analogue, made me to stick only with digital now.
Happy listening!

Latest posts

Back