Tucson MLO Club Meeting

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh46374

Reaction score
Well, it wasn't exactly a club meeting. No audio manufacturers or big audio shops demonstrated their gear. I went over to Craig's place (stuwee), met him, and we chatted a while and listened to some great music on his system, which includes ML Summits. We had a good time and plan to get together again and listen to my system, which includes Summit Xs. If there are any other ML owners in the area who would like to join the club, we'd like to hear from you. Thanks for the Tucson hospitality, Craig!

Tom

Well, it wasn't exactly a club meeting. No audio manufacturers or big audio shops demonstrated their gear. I went over to Craig's place (stuwee), met him, and we chatted a while and listened to some great music on his system, which includes ML Summits. We had a good time and plan to get together again and listen to my system, which includes Summit Xs. If there are any other ML owners in the area who would like to join the club, we'd like to hear from you. Thanks for the Tucson hospitality, Craig!

Tom
Hi Tom,

I live in Tucson, Az and I'm a Summit X owner (still breaking in my speakers). I have to wait a few more weeks to get mt system adjusted since I'm in the process of buying a new OLED TV. Please you and Craig keep me informed for what's going on with the club. I may be able to join you.

Thanks.

Hi Tom,

I live in Tucson, Az and I'm a Summit X owner (still breaking in my speakers). I have to wait a few more weeks to get mt system adjusted since I'm in the process of buying a new OLED TV. Please you and Craig keep me informed for what's going on with the club. I may be able to join you.

Thanks.

Hey bud, no worries, always trust your ears in your space, never hurts to hear something similiar in a different room to gather tuning tips. Tom surprised me by bringing over some very high quality cassette recordings a friend of his made. One was enough to sell me that a killer deck can rival most sources, just lovely! Waiting to hear the digital source devices he has...I'm very new to those thing-a-ma-bobs. I think Southern Arizona includes the Phoenix metro area Dan and others!!

Awesome room Dan!

Maybe we should call it the Sonoran Desert MLO Club. stuwee, sharok, Wednesday (Feb. 15) through Saturday next week would be a good time for me to host a meeting. I live off Kinney Rd. south of Old Tucson. If you guys can work out a good time and transportation, let me know and we can get together.

Tom

I'm very cool with that! sharok? I can make time for anything that has to deal with music...did you get that cassette deck out of the closet? :music:

Maybe we should call it the Sonoran Desert MLO Club. stuwee, sharok, Wednesday (Feb. 15) through Saturday next week would be a good time for me to host a meeting. I live off Kinney Rd. south of Old Tucson. If you guys can work out a good time and transportation, let me know and we can get together.

Tom

Hey, I'm in Tucson too! I own a pair of Theos that I've had since 2014. I would love to hear Summits or whatever else. Keep me informed and I'd love to be involved, guys!

Sounds good Jake9. We can get together at my place this week, Wednesday, the 15th, through Saturday if that works for you. I'll be busy the next week, but open after that. stuwee lives in midtown and needs a ride out to my place off Kinney road south of Old Tucson. I'll send you my email backchannel and let's see if we can organize something.

Hey guys, I've come down with the flu. That pushes the date that we can meet at my place out to March 1st or so. That gives us a little more time to plan so that we can all attend. jake9, stuwee, sharok, when is a good time for each of you to get together? Just answer this post and we can start getting organized.

Tom

Feel better soon Tom!

Welcome jake9, as well to our little niche of heaven, I haven't heard Theos before and look forward to a listen and hearing your music choices, I'm open to just about anything except modern gangsta rap, old lonely trucker on the road country, do you have a TT?

My apologies, guys. I am swamped at work (I'm at work now), and I'm afraid I may not be able to attend anything for a few weeks or maybe months. I work in the tax industry and we are in busy season until mid-April!

Please include me in anything here as I like to be in the loop and I may have unexpected time off.

Thanks, guys and happy listening!

Plenty of time jake9, no worries mate! I just had one of my dearest buds and his lovely wife over from Wyoming, We went from Adele to Ozzy to Supertramp, rare vintage 1980's vinyl 12" out of control remixes from my old DJ daze :devil:, then went to the Silver Saddle Steakhouse for a great brunch.

I have a pile of new old gear to play with, a few pics... Lee and Jani's visit II.jpg , Lee and Jani's visit II.1.jpg , and Lee loves his Crown Royal, got him this special laser etched glass with led coaster...too cool!! Lee and Jani's visit II.2 Crown glass.jpg

Great pictures! Is that you in red? Silver Saddle Steakhouse is definitely the best prime rib town!

Great pictures! Is that you in red? Silver Saddle Steakhouse is definitely the best prime rib town!

Sadly yes sir, that would be me, I'm a geek and a sucker for great prime rib!! My bud loves his Klipsch K-horns, spent $1,000's on them. First listen of the Summit's his jaw hit his chest...good fun!! I haven't been to WY to hear his but, good friends that have sit in the masters chair say the dynamics and deep bass are unreal. Dynamics are up for interpretation, I think lightening fast is dynamic, no horn will compare to a paper thin, low mass transducer, ever! That was what floored him and his wife (whose ears I trust more than his). When a trumpet barks, Adele clicks in the back of her throat, you can't make everyone happy, to have a golden eared tech who re builds amps and pre's think twice about a speaker was bliss!

Back