Center Channel Speaker Recommendation

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgschwartzz

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice.
I've had a pair of Preface speakers for a number of years now and a center channel speaker from another manufacturer. Well the center channel finally died and I'm looking to replace it with one from Martin Logan. I'm looking for one that is compatible with the Preface speakers. Which series would you recommend
thanks

Martin logan is coming out with all new center channels. My stage X will be up for sale soon if you want of just want and get the latest update. The center channel is probably the most important speaker of a multi channel system so don't move quickly.

Last edited:
^^^ Agreed, the center is indeed the most important speaker for multichannel, and often the most compromised due to location, orientation and many other trade-offs. So skimping here is not good.

My recommendation is to always go for the largest model that fits the target location and that matches the series your L/R pair is from.

Since your Preface speakers are folded-motion based models, I'd pick one of the current Motion series centers, in this case the 50XT would be my recommendation, as it has the larger tweeter and bigger mid/woofers.

http://www.martinlogan.com/motionSeries/models/center.php

Martin logan is coming out with all new center channels. My stage X will be up for sale soon if you want of just want and get the latest update. The center channel is probably the most important speaker of a multi channel system so don't move quickly.

What color is your Stage X?

Back