New System purchase

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armanifreak

Reaction score
Hi, newbie here. I just purchased my first set of speakers for my new home - attached are pics of the media room (11.5' X 20') and you can see pre-wires are in place. The prewires for the side walls are for the sconces. Pair of Vanquish for Front L and R (going on slant), Axis for Center Channel (also on slant), and 2 pairs Electromotion R for the surrounds (pair going on top ceiling, and another pair on the rear slant). I wanted to go with a very clean look without any bookshelf or floorstanding speakers. Also got the Denon X6300H as the receiver. Looking to do Dolby Atmos setup, and will be using Oppo UDP-203 4K bluray player, a projection screen (not sure which one to get but looking at 110'' or 120''...ideas??) and an undecided JVC projector -either RS-600/620 or JVC-X950/970R. The Oppo, and Denon will be inside a salamander design AV cabinet at the front.

Thoughts on what i can expect for the sound quality?? Also, what subwoofer should I purchase? Finally, with all this equipment, as you all know many of them do dolby atmos decoding, and video 4k upconversion...what should be used to do what? Technology has come a long way as all the equipment can handle both audio/video functions so its confusing what to use for what?!

Help appreciated.

Zack

IMG_0454.jpgIMG_0455.jpgIMG_0456.jpg

That's a pretty oddly shaped room, make sure you have room eq available.

Vanquish might be tight up on the upper right. Why not just some floorstanders? Screen take up too much space?

Back