Depth sub location

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
Noticed in my manual of the summits that they recommend putting the subs behind them in the corners for the hometheater setup! How do U feel about this also for music?

Noticed in my manual of the summits that they recommend putting the subs behind them in the corners for the hometheater setup! How do U feel about this also for music?

The best thing is to move it and listen/measure if you can. The likelihood that the corners are the best spot to eliminate room mode(s) is slim.

best way to set up a single sub is set the sub in your sweet spot and listen to deep bass passages and then walk the room. Wherever you get the best bass 180 the sub and then set your fine tuning,, Normally for two channel listening corner placement is not the best as its boomy. Google the Harmon multiple sub tests.. Great info on as many as six subs ..When I ran two I used one dead center between the speakers and one dead center directly behind me and it was the best as no locations were heard and bass was tight

Back