New Balance Force 210 is in the house!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northy

Reaction score
Finally, this bad boy has arrived to provide the bass foundation to the Theos. I must say I am baffled by the amount of the improvement I am hearing. All the sub 80HZ is filtered to the subwoofer only; relieving the Theos and the Matinee. The result is phenomenal.

I also have bought the PBK but waiting to exhaust at least 100 hours of break-in period. I have a question. Has anyone tried the supplied spikes on wooden floors and have noticed any improvements?

Hola Northy...congratulations. Now you have one of the best subs on the market place today! Did you download the special filter for your Theos? Go to this page if you haven´t and search for the Theos filter. The supplied flash drive is for this purpose. I have previously two Depth I singing with my CLXs, and now I am using only one BF-210, and I can report as you are doing, what a big changed for good. Its the quality sound of the bass strings. Its the sense of 3D, its the sound of the overall bass coming from the instruments that have bass energy. Its a jewel to use.

Here is the filter page for download the filter: http://www.martinlogan.com/balancedforce/custom-filters-firmware.php

Happy listening

It's amazing how a sub or two can transform a system. You are getting a little taste of it now. It will actually get more refined once you do the PBK. Your head knows that the sub should only impact the very low frequencies yet the mid bass and mid range somehow also sounds so much better. The PBK is a real game changer as in the past with the Descent i's I could get the bass close but not as good as the PBK does. Also it's now more forgiving on the room placement which is a added bonus. I recently added Nordost sort fut to mine and as good as the 180 degree spacing there must be some subtitle vibrations as once I added them the bass was even tighter and more coherent. Good luck on you adventure.

Nice sub indeed. I have not head it but find it funny that ML has went the way of BI polar design al la, Mirage which I own two.. I can only imagine how newer technology with this design would perform

Gents, thanks for all the kind words. Roberto, gracias for mentioning the filter. I am aware of it. However, as I indicated, I am filtering out any sub 80HZ signal from the Theos. So the filter would be irrelevant in this case. I also discussed this set-up with ML and they agreed with me.

I am indeed looking forward to deploying the PBK and hopefully see more improvements.

So after four months of break-in period, I figured I better set up the PBK. I must admit, I was looking to improving the bass quality marginally. But boy, I was wrong! The quality of the bass has been increased in leaps and bonds. Long gone is the slight boom that I had. Instead, the bass is way more defined and articulate than before. Long story short, I love it. I highly recommend buying the kit for the Balanced Force.

So after four months of break-in period, I figured I better set up the PBK. I must admit, I was looking to improving the bass quality marginally. But boy, I was wrong! The quality of the bass has been increased in leaps and bonds. Long gone is the slight boom that I had. Instead, the bass is way more defined and articulate than before. Long story short, I love it. I highly recommend buying the kit for the Balanced Force.

Can't believe that you waited so long as the effect is dramatic. Yes I totally agree that when a 212 or 210 is purchased definitely spend the $100 and get the PBK kit. To purchase this sub and not just makes no sense to me its that good. Originally my dealer ran the test which was great but now since I got my kit I probably have run it at least 10 times as I have moved things around in the room etc. It really goes pretty fast it almost takes longer to find the laptop, unbox and rebox then to do the actual test.

Can't believe that you waited so long as the effect is dramatic. Yes I totally agree that when a 212 or 210 is purchased definitely spend the $100 and get the PBK kit. To purchase this sub and not just makes no sense to me its that good. Originally my dealer ran the test which was great but now since I got my kit I probably have run it at least 10 times as I have moved things around in the room etc. It really goes pretty fast it almost takes longer to find the laptop, unbox and rebox then to do the actual test.

Guilty as charged. There were two reasons. I wanted the sub to really be broken in and I just could not find the right time. Luckily, I am not moving the sub anywhere in the house. So one set of measurements did the trick. I agree, assembly and disassembly of the kit took longer than the actual setting up. I am glad I did it.

Latest posts

Back