Thread: Summit angle

Default Summit angle

I now that most users prefer the perpendicular angle over the tilted back angle as shipped. I changed mine back to the standar angle from the perpendicular one! Could have been my room but everything was sounding to bright for me! Things have settled down and now sounding like live concert music with not that tipped up high end! Does anyone else feel this way? Thank u

I'm a relatively new Summit X owner. Angle is the only adjustable parameter I haven't played with. Am really interested in answers to the above.

Highly recommend that you try the perpendicular set up unless you listen to your Summits standing up.

Major improvements in imaging, speed, and transparency.

Default Angle

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gray View Post
    Highly recommend that you try the perpendicular set up unless you listen to your Summits standing up.

Major improvements in imaging, speed, and transparency.
    Gordon: that's kind of silly who listens to there system standing up. Why does m/l have them tilted back? do the the reviewers set them up perpendicular I've never seen it mentioned! to me they sound very bright maybe my ears are to sentive and Maybe my room is bad but with them tilted back I get a more relaxed sound and very much like live classical concerts! Transparency and speed is there but not as bright. As u always say to each his own on what they like and dislike, that's what makes this hobby so fun!

Hola Ken. What Gordon meant was that ML design is for any type of rooms. There are big rooms, and very small rooms. All sizes. The back tilting is for larger rooms. This array will produce the sound waves to full all type of rooms. You have the possibility to adjust the "tilting position" to the desire full potencial precise focus to the golden seat position. This is an amazing tool on your hands an ears!
    Happy listening!
    CLX, Stage X and Motion 4, BF-210 sub, Summits in second system. Conrad Johnson Classic One Twenty SE amp, ET-7 Conrad Johnson pre, Exasound E-32 DAC with Teddy Pardo linear power supply, Shun Mook products, Nordost and DHLabs cables. Anthem AVM-60 audio and video processor. Anthem MCA-325 center and surround power amp. BPT Signature 3.5 Plus Balanced Line Power Conditioner.