sub choices

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maurice

Reaction score
For music and HT I am considering Motion 60XT's. Till the end of the month Best Buy is including with this purchase at no charge one Dynamo 700w subwoofer. I am not sure this will be enough for my room 13'x20' and 8' ceiling. Should I consider the Dynamo 1000w or 1500w? The entrance to the room is an opening 8'w x 7'h from the home's entrance foyer. The AVR will probably be Yamaha RXA1060. Also any thoughts on center channel- Motion 30 vs Motion50XT. There are existing in wall speakers for rear surround which will have to do for now.

For music and HT I am considering Motion 60XT's. Till the end of the month Best Buy is including with this purchase at no charge one Dynamo 700w subwoofer. I am not sure this will be enough for my room 13'x20' and 8' ceiling. Should I consider the Dynamo 1000w or 1500w? The entrance to the room is an opening 8'w x 7'h from the home's entrance foyer. The AVR will probably be Yamaha RXA1060. Also any thoughts on center channel- Motion 30 vs Motion50XT. There are existing in wall speakers for rear surround which will have to do for now.

I do not have any experience with the ML subs that you are looking at. What I do have a lot of experience is with the 210 or 212 subs and they are great subs. I'm completely sold on the PBK kit and I see the 1500 does use where the 1000w one does not. You can say what you want but to get a sub to perform well where you want to place it in the room there is a lot of compromise. The PBK technology really takes this to a whole new level and it works. Also the Balanced force takes the ML subs also to a new level if you can afford it I would go with one 210 and then maybe add one later if not go with the 1500 Dynamo.

The 1500 is pushing my budget. The PBK kit is interesting. Thanks for your input.

Maurice, given your room size, IMO you would be better served by having 'two' subs

Back