Recommend tagging software?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead

Reaction score
My entire collection is ripped as FLAC to my NAS, but sometimes EAC didn't properly identify album art or tracks so I don't have the correct imagery or data. Can you guys recommend something that will enable me to 'scrub' and correct the files? I already tried MediaMonkey, but it only looks to Amazon for a reference. I'd like a wider selection to be sure I have the right tagging.

What are you guys using?

Thanks in advance!

I prefer to do it all manually because to be honest, most of those automatic cleaning tools make mistakes. I use a product called Metadatics, which can edit multiple files tags at once and has tons of features which makes it super easy. Download a free demo and if you like it, it's only $10

I prefer to do it all manually because to be honest, most of those automatic cleaning tools make mistakes. I use a product called Metadatics, which can edit multiple files tags at once and has tons of features which makes it super easy. Download a free demo and if you like it, it's only $10

Agreed. In part, it's how I come to have incorrect album art. I was really looking for any tagger that had access to multiple DB sources so I could grab the right data. Most of them only use one source - for example, Media Monkey uses only Amazon.

Agreed. I use Puddletag. Even is the auto tools get it right, there is always something I want to change anyway. Especially for classical.

The main problem is always consistency. E.g.

Mozart
W A Mozart
W.A. Mozart
Mozart, W.A.
Etc.

I use JRiver to handle all of that and it gets it right most of the time. When it doesn't I can modify the meta data easily inside it.

But I also use JRiver to play my music and to rip it, so basically I use it for everything rated to playing my music.

Latest posts

Back