New Member from Las Vegas

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMckim

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Jacob and I am a new MartinLogan owner from Las Vegas. I am also new to high end listening. My old 5.1 receiver died on me and I thought that was the perfect excuse to upgrade. I really enjoy learning about new things so I go on the internet and started reading about what makes a speaker work better than others, what my needs would be in a receiver, and now I think I am hooked. I started with a new Denon receiver and a ML Motion 8 center channel speaker. The sound difference at home was incredible vs my old Panasonic. My plan was to save money over time and slowly add to the collection but about 1 week later I went back and picked up the Motion 4's for my front L and front R and the Dynamo 500 for my woofer. Last night was the first time I have really been in awe of the sound coming out of my home speakers. I'm really enjoying this little journey I am on and a little afraid for my bank account. Anyway, glad to be here and look forward to learning lots from all of you.

Thanks,

Jacob McKim

Jacob, welcome, we look forward to helping you spend your money !

We try to tailor our help or solutions to fit your pocket or budget.

Since you own a Denon receiver, to enjoy 5.1 music or movie soundtracks all you need are ML pair rear L and R channel speakers.

Have fun listening to music on your awesome audio system!:music:

Last edited by a moderator:
Warm welcome Jacob! Gonna be fun eh? Too late, no backing out now :devil:

Welcome ! I like the Air Motion for 5.1, 6.1 and so on.. I am not a Proponent of ESL for HT..( No debate here as its not meant to derail his thread..) That being said I do like Dynamic speakers and the Air motion has a soft ESL type treble and mid range while its NON directional and not Bi Polar..

Back