Pangea power cords

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just received a 14SE V2 PC from Audio Advisor. Cost $55.

Haven't listened to it yet but it appears to be very well made. Will audition in the near future.

Anyone had experience with this manufacturer? Given the build quality, seems like a strong contender for a budget PC that may offer very good performance at, IMHO, a very reasonable price.

And for those who are skeptical about these type products, you can try for 30 days and return for a full refund.

Gordon

Gordon, I've not experienced them myself but have heard positives on other forums. If it provides solid electro-mechanical connectivity with fundamentally solid construction it's most certainly A-OK in my book !

Let us know what you think ..........

I'm sure you will have opened a can of worms regarding any cable on this forum. But with that being said, I had Pangea AC14 and AC9 cables with a Rogue Audio 99 and 88 respectively. I removed them and sold them due to not having space for them in a recent equipment rack change. The AC9 is so thick and inflexible, I just couldn't make it work in the new setup. A week or so later I was feeling my system has lost a little something. Am I imagining it? I'm sure some people will chime in and say I was, but my belief is they did make a difference. To many that makes me gullible, stupid, and at least a few hundred dollars poorer. I'm OK with that.

Your imagination? Nope. That's what a "better" power cord does in my view.

Before changing any power cable, please open your component and check what sort of skinny runt of a thing your expensive power cable is leading in to. That is, on the other side of the receptacle (you know, the side where you can't see).

Last edited:
Before changing any power cable, please open your component and check what sort of skinny runt of a thing your expensive power cable is leading in to. That is, on the other side of the receptacle (you know, the side where you can't see).

I like to have the electricians run a combination of difference solid core ROMEX gauges to make the power richer, errr... maybe I should amend that to making the electrician richer.:p

I like to have the electricians run a combination of difference solid core ROMEX gauges to make the power richer, errr... maybe I should amend that to making the electrician richer.:p

Well I've said before - run your systems on 240v guys.......you don't know what you're missing! :)

Hi guys,

Started this thread to provide information, not to open up the eternal discussion of whether PC's do or do not make an audible difference.

If anyone has "in field" experience with this product, please provide.

That is the sole purpose of this thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best,

Gordon

Gordon - So have you had time to listen and comment?

In another post I commented that power cords do make a difference. My son recently purchased a set of the 13a's and we tried the stock cord and my CLX ART stock power cords then Nordost Red Dawn, Frey 2 and Tyr2. These cables are far more expensive but the difference was dramatic. Curious what you find out. To me it makes sense since any of the ML products that have amps better power can be heard. The issue I have is that even with my CLX's I could hear an improvement as I connected better power. This to me did not make sense but my ears told me otherwise.

Hi GW,

After running the cable in for some 30 hours, the answer is a definite yes. And given my previous experience with "burn in" time, I fully expect it will continue to improve.

For those who believe PC's make a difference and at $65 with a money back guarantee, this would be a no brainer.

And as my dear friend Roberto always says, "trust your ears".

Best,

Gordon

Latest posts

Back