Election recount

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Since we haven't had enough of this topic...... :) ... So, where does this go? What is the end result here? Is it - 'we had a problem.... the election is not valid...'....or is it... 'Look Hillary won Wisconsin and Michigan by 15 votes if we ignore these dangling chads!!'.... is it - 'we haven't had enough time to count everything - delay the inauguration ?' ....

This whole thing just seems to be a mess.... brought on by the 'Green Party'..and now happily supported by the Democratic party.... Now I know why they are 'green' .. someone is paying them!!! LOL... But, seriously, this is everything that the Democrats claimed they did not want to happen when they won.... uh....... So.... every way I look at this - the result is ugly.... Trump has said essentially - that if we didn't count the illegals that voted - he would have won the popular vote .... But, whatever..... You could go on and on with this.... And if you think there were riots right after the election... well hold on to your hats if this is somehow overturned - given to Hillary - while Trump picks his cabinet.... Talk about 'bullying the democratic process'.... My god... really? The Russians did it!!?? Really??

The thing I do not like about a re-count is that everyone knows the results... and everyone can then try to 'bias' the recount for whomever they prefer.... Without knowing the results - I feel there is less likelihood of someone tampering....

Our system is what it is..... This concept of someone hacking the devices that count the votes is pretty lame to me.... A false premise with absolutely no foundation... but lets push forward anyway to see if we can get the results we want.... By the way- -only in the rust belt states that trump won..... And in each state btw - where her strong counties threw their votes on the pile last.... while voting results were being made public.... Lets suppose something was 'hacked' like someone is implying without any grounds.... Then the entire election should be questioned... How can you prove California wasn't hacked? How can you say NY wasn't hacked? Vote count?? The result certainly can't be the litmus test right? A hack can do anything... I'm not saying anything inappropriate was done.... I think that would be aggregious ... but... to limit to 3 states when you are implying a 'hack'.... that just doesn't compute to this computer scientist.

All I am really saying here is - I just don't see a good... solid... happy result to all of this.... Just more revolution in the streets... and that is just stupid.

I think you are getting worked up about nothing.

There will be be a recount and investigation as the Greens are legally allowed to request for.

If the recount show no anomalies well all good, and that's that.

If it does show anomalies, well there is something is broken and further review is required (possibly in other states as well), also a good thing - checks and balances and review is a good thing in a democracy. Actually it is is vital for sustaining a real democracy

So relax, have a drink and let democracy and due process do its thing.

Even so, the hypocrisy by trump and his supporters on this matter is breathtaking.

Last edited:
I just got off work, so this is my 'happy hour'. Drinking up some good stuff. Jill Stein started this nonsense because the Clinton's payed her, why?? I dunno, sad waste of money IMHO. No presidential election has ever been overturned in modern history because of a recount. I'll say I think the electoral college has worn out it's welcome in politics in the USA. The right person won, the American voters turned out en mass and they wanted change...take that scumur!! hypocrisy my A$$!! I'm taking a big sip now...Ahhh! better!

It really is a weird thing. Why is Jill Stein requesting a recount? Does she think she there is a chance she could have won? I am sure she would prefer Hillary to Trump, but that would have been a case for her to have dropped out of the race and tell her supporters to vote for Hillary prior to the election having taken place. I can come to no other conclusion than the fact that she is doing this for the money. She keeps raising the amount she says she needs for the requested recounts. She has raised more for the recount than she did throughout her entire campaign.

As far as I know and have read, the voting machines themselves are not hackable. They are not connected to the internet and don't have a Wi-Fi system. The only way to mess with the results is to program the machines beforehand to switch votes, and no one is alleging that was done. What is hackable are the voter registration databases. A person could get that list, and then use that list to commit voter fraud. That is why many states want to clean up their voter registration databases. The democrats, in many cases, have fought against the cleaning up of those databases.

I do find it very ironic that Hillary tried to make hay off the fact that Trump would not say he would accept the results, prior to the election having taken place. In my opinion, he would have been stupid to have done so. If the election result had hinged upon a single state in which the votes were very close, then why wouldn't you want to take a second look at it? Of course, Hillary thought she had the election in the bag, so she was eager to say she would accept any result, it's the democratic thing to do. Now she's a willing participant in a recount being done in three states that were not really all that close, simply because the result didn't match the polls or the media's narrative about what was supposed to have occurred.

Last edited:
the American voters turned out en mass and they wanted change...

Sadly this election had the lowest turnout in many years.

Trump got LESS votes than Romney got 4 years ago and won with that.

This was an election of apathy where many people didn't seem to care enough to vote.

Despite the fact we have 35 MILLION more voters registered to vote we had 10 MILLION less people bother to vote.

Two comments.

My sense is this is all about "exposure" for the green party.

If by some bizarre quirk of fate and the three states under question flip and go to HRC after the recount, I'm grabbing my dog (and of course my stereo and CD's) and heading north to Canada regardless of immigration rules. I may have to start practicing my Canadian accent and begin negotiations with my fellow Canadian ML Forum members to harbor a "fugitive".

Start practicing looong vowel sounds, reading up on curling and hockey stats, embrace the art of drinking beer and belching...just kidding! :D

Canadians are some of the best folks in North America :bowdown: :music: , they do talk funny tho..."AAhh, Geez, He was kinda funny lookin' feller, you knoow, just funny in a general sorta waay" :rocker:

That's a line from the Cohen movie "Fargo" but I appreciate the advice. :D

You are retired right Gordon. Wouldn't a move be about a 25 point increase for you considering the current exchange rate !! :). Trump takes office and you get a 25% pay increase. Haha

oh heck... sorry about that.... You are a civil engineer for the state of Wyoming?? I thought I recall that.... and for whatever reason - I thought you got the MBLs and said 'to hell with it!!' ... :)

Latest posts

Back