Mag-Lev Turntable, too cool.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, I don't even know what the hell I'm looking at ?

Sorry, is this better?

g4tv-pong-flash-games-flash-games-break-most-addicting-flash_100857_D.jpg

I think I might remember that from my senior year in college ...........pong ??

regardless, video game are a total waste in my world ......

So suddenly I'm a time wasting gamer? LOL!

This is purely a nostalgia trip. I hadn't played much of anything in the last 30 years.

I have an RC flight simulator that has allowed me to progress with less crashing and I have done some training on that first thing in the morning for a while for maybe 15-20 minutes. I'm not quite sure if that is gaming though.

This is scratching an itch and expect to have all this boxed up after Christmas.

It all started when my daughter who is an engineering student at Georgia Tech was writing Missile Command as a project for a class. She has a 4.0 BTW :)

She got me thinking about these old games. Then I learned about the MAME emulator and downloadable Arcade game ROM's and decided to "splurge" on an arcade console $149.99 + shipping.

FYI, I had considered getting a VR rig earlier this year, but I never got it because I knew one of two things was going to happen.
1. I would scratch an itch and then put it away making a big waste of money.
2. I would get sucked in and it would waste a lot of my time.

So I get where you are coming from.

That said, I don't see any greater intrinsic worth listening to music either. It is something we do because we enjoy it, which is something I can say about flying RC Helicopters, or photography, or mountain biking, or rose gardening, or designing and building things out of wood. Some of these things are more rewarding than others based on my priorities in life, but all could be classified as a waste of time and money if they are something that "you" care nothing about.

Last edited:
Mark, no problem, if you love video games that's fine with me. I just mentioned it for the fact that I have zero interest and knowledge in them......to each his own !

Mark, no problem, if you love video games that's fine with me. I just mentioned it for the fact that I have zero interest and knowledge in them......to each his own !

People generally seem happier when they find something or things they can be passionate about.

I think having passion enriches your life even if the object of your passion has no intrinsic value.

I'm currently in the middle of a deep dive reading a 1000 page users guide for my Nikon D500 camera that is arriving tomorrow. It is my first professional camera and requires a lot of setup before I can make it work for me the way I want it to.

I like having multiple learning curves going on various projects at all times.

I've never loved video games, but I remembered them fondly enough to setup an arcade console to relive the old games for a little while. Now that I've got it all working, half of the adventure is over.

I have a few wood working projects to do this winter and I hope to learn something along the way with them as well.

Hey Mark, please start a thread about your adventures with the new Nikon, I just bought a nice used D5000, and I'm quite over my head with it. I was a professional photographer in NYC a long time ago, had some nice corporate accounts. But that was with old school film, which I still love, I understand how it works and how light make the image on the negative. This digital stuff is very, very different! I also have the huge book on how to use it, it confounds me to say the least...but, hey, I still play Lps :p

Latest posts

Back