Sound gets stuck

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abhonsle

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased the MartinLogan Vision soundbar as it was on sale at Best Buy and am very happy with the sound quality. The soundbar is connected using the optical cable to my LG TV.

Most of the times, it works just great but sometimes, when I change the channel or fast fwd a DVR program, the sound gets stuck on the previous channel. For example - if I am watching something on NBC and then switch to CBS, the sound gets stuck on the NBC program and keeps going in a loop at the instant when I changed the channel. So, if someone was saying "Home" on NBC when I switched to CBS, I will keep hearing "Home" over and over again until I switch channels again or switch off the TV. This also happens if I fast fwd a DVR program.

Has anyone come across this problem? Any fixes for this? It happens often enough that it is getting annoying. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Amit.

Hola Amit. Its your tv...how does your Vision Soundbar knows what to play or reproduce a sound? The audio signal is applied by your TV through the tos link fiber optic cable. The Soundbar is OK.

By the way, I am another happy user of the ML soundbar.

Happy listening!

Hi Roberto,

Thanks. I did not think that the problem was with the soundbar. How do I fix the problem? I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the TV so, it is probably some setting or option. Any suggestions on what I should look for?

Thanks.

Sometimes the tvs are slow, try to change the channel with time between each change... Wait until the image and sound are steady. You can jump from from one channel to another that its not next to it, as an example, you are in channel 57 and you want to go to channel 118, then you write the number that you want, but wait until the picture and the sound is steady. Sometimes electronics are not that fast...try it and see what happens. Because your problem is random, I do believe that this is it.

DVR is the audio source? That's your problem then. Nothing down line would receive a signal if it didn't come from there.

I'd do a Google on your particular model DVR to see if you can find similar problems and fixes.

Problem is likely the TV, the soundbar just plays what it gets input. Many newer TV's will get software updates to fix problems such as what you're experiencing, you might check to see if the TV has the latest version installed. I had a Samsung TV that used to get the sound out of sync with the picture...a software update 'cured' it.

Back